Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know that some StingRay's are not easy to close the trunk lid on, with several owners complaining that it is poorly designed (might be) and/or the new "heat sensitive wire closing system" is not working (might also be correct too). Here's a video from "The Chevy Dude" explaining two ways to easily close it.

If this video doesn't provide a workable solution for your StingRay, please respond back.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great video! Thanks for posting. I always wondered if it was okay to close the hatch by pulling it down with a little force. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
When it doesn't close all the way - I push down on the lower portion of the hatch window and it closes fine. This way you are not putting pressure on the composite surfaces. My friend with an 07 Z06 found out that continually pushing on the composite will result in a crack. Note that the 07 Z06 did not have the power closing mechanism for the hatch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the video, Elegant. It answered my questions about the hatch closure. I never even noticed the handle!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
elegant, great how to video, slam it shut and you don't have to touche your paint.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looked at a vert a couple weeks ago, no handle slot. Course it's a small lid...lol

Kurt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts