Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is how I solved this problem for my 2015 Stingray.

1. Fill up a bucket half way in your house with your favorite car wash (mine is Meguiars Gold)
2. Buy a cheap pack of 1/2 liter water bottles (30 needed).
3. Wet your Stingray down with 5 bottles
4. Use two micro fiber mits (one for the body, one for the wheels and exhaust)
5. Wash each section one at a time (roof, hood, trunk, side panels/doors front, rear, wheels, exhaust) and use one or more bottles to rinse each section one at a time (top first of course) and then dry with soft teri towels.
6. Comple, then wax
$4 bucks worth of water
hahahahahaha

you should have seen my tree hugger neighbor when she figured out that she could not call the water police on me!!!!!!!!!! empty water bottles all over my lawn, I did pick them up and put them in recycling.

:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I would have used a separate micro fibre cloth for each panel. That way a dirty mitt never touches the next panel.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Way to use you head. Wish I could have seen your neighbors face. lol

I washed mine in the driveway the other day and used no water. I use Adam's Waterless Wash, which lifts the dirt away from the car. I used one microfiber rag to go all the way around the car to get the dirt off, then another one around the car to finish. The car had been driven in the rain on the way back from Bowling Green and had a normal amount of travel grime on it as a result. Worked great. Just another way to do the job. :)

·
Administrator
16,299 Posts
Looks great usmamg and like your pebbletec (I think it is or similar) driveway! :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the best product to clean and coat the factory installed stripes? Wax?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Usmang your car is beautiful man! I never would have considered CR, but after seeing yours and Vabuckeye's with the black wheels and stripes, it would be my second choice after my LGB. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Another way is keep an eye on your neighbors and when they go away on vacation.

Then go wash your car in their driveway so they get the fine. LOL

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just have a well drilled and wash till your hearts content. Then start a thread on the effects of hard water on clear coat;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts