Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed my order 2 weeks ago for a 2016 2lt Z51 in torch red... after much research I came to the conclusion that I will be stuck at 1100 status for months upon months.... I had already put down $10,000 and didn't know if it was refundable so I was almost sick to my stomach with anticipation.. been doing my research and I finally found the exact car with the exception of the transparent roof that I wanted on another lot about 200 miles away and I'm going to pick up my new car tomorrow... my dealer just refunded my $10,000 as well !! I couldnt be happier. Looks like I will have to deal with a body-color roof but at this point I don't even care lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I'll be trying to buy a transparent roof from one of you guys at some point lol

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,033 Posts
Looks like you'll need to change your signature tomorrow as you'll no longer be "Patiently Waiting !!!!!".

You can get the transparent roof from a forum parts vendor for around $1500. It's actually cheaper to buy it from discount parts suppliers than it is to order it from the factory.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Congrats and post pics once home.....drive safe!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks !!! Im debating right now though...i can either buy the car via phone/email/fax and get it shipped to me...or just take off work, go in person and pick it up "along with putting about 800 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That's the way to do it! Congrats! And you should have no trouble finding a transparent roof. A friend in my local club has one he wants to sell (the car he ended up buying already had one), and I'm sure others here have one for sale too. Have fun on the drive home!

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Hell..im going to pick it up lol.
If you have not yet had a chance, please take a look at the break in recommendations (valid for all 2014's-2016's):

How to Properly Break-In Your New 2014 Corvette Stingray - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

While some are debated, not using your cruise control; consistently varying your RPM's; and a few more are endorsed by all during your breaking it in, including not changing your IP screens while driving (you have over 70 options, many for IP right in front of you,many for your center stock IP), is not a good ideas as you are getting to first drive/know your car.

Have a fun ride. Safe and positively exciting times for your bringing it home.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Also check out the threads on this Forum offering advice what to look for when you inspect the car at pick up. Give it a close inspection and test drive it before you pay.

Pretty exciting! Try sleeping sound at night between now and when you pick it up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank u all for the info !!! Im looking it all right now. I appreciate it. Pics and vids comin soon

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
So very exciting justonemic and congratulations on your TR Z51 beauty :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Make sure you ask questions when picking it up. I did the same and never tested the NAV. and found out 3 days later it was not working. Also make sure you have a trusted chevy dealer close by for your 500 mile oil change and what ever is needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey you guy, i am having them deliver the car instead..couldnt take the time off work to go drive and pick it up...i have never owned a corvette before and i want to know if you guys have problems parking up curbs that are a little steep ? Or potholes ? Do they easily damage the vette ? Should i avoid any curb that looks raised at all cost ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man thats terrible about the nav..i sure hope everything on mine works...they are going to deliver it this week instead of me picking it up. All chevy dealerships honor our oil changes ??? Would i need them to mail me a voucher for that ?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Man thats terrible about the nav..i sure hope everything on mine works...they are going to deliver it this week instead of me picking it up. All chevy dealerships honor our oil changes ??? Would i need them to mail me a voucher for that ?
Any Chevy dealer will honor the free maintenance on our C7s. However, I would recommend you check around and ensure that other's like the dealership service department that you plan on using. Also, once you find the one you want to use, take the time to meet and befriend the C7 Service Manager.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank u guys. Ill start looking into what dealership im gonna be getting service done at. I cant wait to get this car..excitement is through the roof

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Thank u guys. Ill start looking into what dealership im gonna be getting service done at. I cant wait to get this car..excitement is through the roof
justonemic, post those pictures when you get your new C7 masterpiece, and inspect the heck out of it upon delivery.

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts