Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order was officially accepted today and I have a new bit of information I can now obsess over......my order number! I was given a last chance to change anything about my order and I went nuts. I changed the color from VY to AW, changed the interior to Adrenaline Red GT seats from Dark Gray Comp seats, and opted for the PDR/Nav. ( because it just seems too cool to live without) and added a stinger......which up until today, I never liked. I'm really happy with what I've ordered but now I need a new screen saver. How many other Corvette buyers did last second build changes, to their orders, that really changed the car they thought they were going to buy?

Derik

Reactions: elegant

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Wow that is quite the change Derik! Congrats on your VY AW Dark Gray Adrenaline Red Comp seats GT Seats Stingray:D

Reactions: Derbo2

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I made no changes the day I walked in to order, though I made many changes in the two months of research leading up to that day. The only things I did at the dealer was to verify my choice of a jet black interior, and decide in favor of a black top (over the possibility of blue). But then, I have always been a measure twice, cut once type of guy.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I was always on the fence about the yellow exterior......then once that decision fell, all bets were off! I have to say that I feel very good about it :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Started with Black then went to Night Race Blue and after at 1100 changed to Crystal Red Tint. Now at 3000 and am waiting and waiting.............

Reactions: Derbo2

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
I guess I was always on the fence about the yellow exterior......then once that decision fell, all bets were off! I have to say that I feel very good about it :)
That Derik is most critical- that YOU feel very good about it. Now, sit back and pass the time thinking about how fantastic it will be to enjoy your new Stingray!

Reactions: Derbo2 and elegant

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Now just ask the dealer when he gets his allocations and he matches it with your order.....an order created does not mean a car is being build for you..yet........see the other posts here on what to ask your dealer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. Thanks to this forum, I'm well aware of the pitfalls of the process. My order, at this point, only amounts to a wish that my dealer has acknowledged. My sales associate told me that they will reach out to me in the next week or so when they have an allocation. I'm sure that I'll be adjusting my car to some degree. I hope that I get something that very close to what I've ordered. Time will tell....and the wait goes on.
Derik

·
Registered
355 Posts
Based on Internet and brochure photo's I thought I was absolutely sure I wanted the 2014 Cyber Gray with the Kalahai interior and chrome wheels and being the end of the year I went on the hunt for one, until... I walked into a showroom and saw the 2015 Shark Gray with the Adrenaline Red interior and black wheels. A short time later it was in my garage. I never thought in a million years I would have picked this color combination, until I saw it in person. Pictures alone don't do these cars justice. Much better to see them in person before deciding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Talk about changing your mind...I was hooked on the C7 ever since I first saw one in Nov 13. Right as I was getting ready to order a '14 the PDR was announced for the '15. I spent some time instrumenting perormance cars in the past so I couldn't pass up the chance to have that built in. While I was waiting I spent 3 days at Spring Mountian Raceway learning first hand how awesome the C7 truly is. Right as the pre orders for the 15 were available, I had to move from a sprawling suburb to downtown San Francisco - not the ideal place for a vette. I considered all the options of a fast but practical city car, well over 60 hours over the course of a few months (BMWs, Mazdas, Minis *gasp*' I know) and ended up saying fuggit - I need to get the car I truly want and ordered my C7. The only change I made when ordering was to ditch to carbon fiber dash to speed things along (saved 4-8 weeks), oh, and I saw how good the red brake calipers looked in person and got those instead of black. My baby hit production this week :cool:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
To me the color choice was the most difficult decision since they are all so nice! In the six months or so I waited before actually placing my order I went from red to silver, to shark gray (wait for 2015) and finally decided Laguna Blue was my color and ordered a 2014 LG and never changed it after that. There is no wrong color, but since it will be yours every day you have to determine what you can enjoy the most every day when you go out to see it. My blue was it for me. :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My order was officially accepted today and I have a new bit of information I can now obsess over......my order number! I was given a last chance to change anything about my order and I went nuts. I changed the color from VY to AW, changed the interior to Adrenaline Red GT seats from Dark Gray Comp seats, and opted for the PDR/Nav. ( because it just seems too cool to live without) and added a stinger......which up until today, I never liked. I'm really happy with what I've ordered but now I need a new screen saver. How many other Corvette buyers did last second build changes, to their orders, that really changed the car they thought they were going to buy?

Derik
I've owned both of those exact color combinations. Had the white with red interior 1st - classy & classic. But, my favorite was the yellow with charcoal seats - it suited my aggressive driving style, at that time.

Not sure why yellow = aggressive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts