Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, things have certainly NOT gone to plan but I guess that's how it goes sometimes...

Made it cross-country on a tight schedule just to make a hard shipping date, a date critical to getting my car on-island BEFORE I deployed. Unfortunately that didn't happen thanks to Horizon Lines bumping my car to the next vessel a week later and that vessel ending up arriving a day late. It eventually became available AFTER I headed out and down-range, no thanks to the longshoremen and their wonderful local labor union that prevented them from helping a brother out . Adding insult to injury those dip-wads also damaged one of my wheels so I'm sure I'll have a fight on my hands when I eventually re-deploy, they owe me a new wheel as far as I'm concerned though I'm sure they're going to try a cheap fix. And finally there's a Hurricane headed to the islands and the Vette's currently stored at my parents, who happen to live on a marina that's open to the ocean. Wonderful :mad: Sometimes living on an island really sucks.

Maybe I need to get a 2015 order in...

Ahh, sorry for the vent. Just frustrated, being over here with my hands tied, trying to maintain focus!!!

Boomah

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry for your frustrations, but thanks for your service Boomah.
All will be better when you get back and drive your car again.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Boomah

Just checked a hurricane tracking website. I think you are going to get a little bit of a break. Hurricane Iselle while currently a cat 4 hurricane is forecasted to be a tropical storm by Thursday and should hopefuly be just a minor storm when it hits.

Thanks for your service and best wishes to you during your deployment.

Reactions: grilloz

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, things have certainly NOT gone to plan but I guess that's how it goes sometimes...

Made it cross-country on a tight schedule just to make a hard shipping date, a date critical to getting my car on-island BEFORE I deployed. Unfortunately that didn't happen thanks to Horizon Lines bumping my car to the next vessel a week later and that vessel ending up arriving a day late. It eventually became available AFTER I headed out and down-range, no thanks to the longshoremen and their wonderful local labor union that prevented them from helping a brother out . Adding insult to injury those dip-wads also damaged one of my wheels so I'm sure I'll have a fight on my hands when I eventually re-deploy, they owe me a new wheel as far as I'm concerned though I'm sure they're going to try a cheap fix. And finally there's a Hurricane headed to the islands and the Vette's currently stored at my parents, who happen to live on a marina that's open to the ocean. Wonderful :mad: Sometimes living on an island really sucks.

Maybe I need to get a 2015 order in...

Ahh, sorry for the vent. Just frustrated, being over here with my hands tied, trying to maintain focus!!!

Boomah
i feel your pain, guy. sometimes it just aint easy. wait til you hit, say, 70 or 80--varies by person. these are your good old days, right now. carpe los diems. thats the best advice anyone can give you. how to do that? well, thats the ultimate challenge. personally, in some small way, i find that this new little car can play a role--who would have thought?

·
Registered
952 Posts
...but on the upside, YOU LIVE IN HONOLULU!!!!!

Reactions: Z51Stingray

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sorry to hear my Union brothers couldn't help you out.

There are some pretty decent Union brothers and sisters out there, so please don't let those few give you a bad impression of all Union members.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
...but on the upside, YOU LIVE IN HONOLULU!!!!!
Not really, been to Oahu and will never go back....glad I got to see Pearl Harbor though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big mahalo gents,

Things are looking up hurricane wise, less worry about the family (and yes the car), still got the wheel fight ahead but I'm certain that'll work out. And roger that on the union, in my case I'm sure it came down to a few key players as it always does. I most definitely agree there are some good folks out there as well, I know my ALPA friends would certainly drive that point home ;)

Boomah

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Can't you just drive there? After all, Oahu has an Interstate highway. If it is Interstate, it must connect to somewhere. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts