Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my C7 everyday, work, cruising, etc. I like keeping my Vette squared away just as much as any forum member. I just get tired of spending so much time cleaning it, I want to drive it!!! After reading several articles by glen and following his recommendations, I will be doing more wheel time now and less cleaning time. It also rained twice on my masterpiece this week.

This past March my C7 was decontaminated with clay and IronX, scratches and factory sanding marks were machine compounded out, a finishing polish was used to perfect the paint, and CQuartz UK coating was applied for protection by Jon McInnis of Absolute Perfection. This was the first time I ever had a vehicle treated, it was always wash & wax for me. I would highly recommend this to anybody.

I did the following this morning to my C7, of course after having a cup of joe. I timed it from start to finish and the Vette was dirty from those two days of driving in the rain.

1. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: (2) Gallons of cool water & 2 1/2 caps of ONR. (6) Extra Plush Elite Microfiber Towels. The ONR method beats a hose any day.

2. Duragloss Aquawax: Lite mist on the panels one section at a time and microfiber to an outstanding shine. I found this at NAPA for $6.65 22oz.

3. Invisible Glass by Stoner: Great for windows.

4. My interior was already squared away, so I didn't have to touch it. I have ordered Poorboys World Natural Look Dressing for it.

5. Tires, I ordered Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Shine.

All these years of spending so much time cleaning my vehicles, so much wheel time lost!!

SF
Rick

003.JPG

004.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Nice, the first time you spread Duragloss AW, you realize it's something special....so easy....and works great with the coating....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Looks great!

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
It looks fabulous, Rick!

·
Registered
896 Posts
The more I read of comments concerning the maintenance of bodies, the more I am astounded by the tens of products which are available in the USA! In Europe we find almost none of these products and we have to content ourselves with some basic products as Mothers, TurtleWax and Meguiars brands some other ones try to go inside this market with more or less success...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Looks fantastic. Glad it is all working well for you. Nice garage too!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The more I read of comments concerning the maintenance of bodies, the more I am astounded by the tens of products which are available in the USA! In Europe we find almost none of these products and we have to content ourselves with some basic products as Mothers, TurtleWax and Meguiars brands some other ones try to go inside this market with more or less success...
That's kind of funny since most of the products we are talking about here are sub $100. Once you get to the high end products their claim to fame is "From Europe".

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
174 Posts
1. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: (2) Gallons of cool water & 2 1/2 caps of ONR. (6) Extra Plush Elite Microfiber Towels. The ONR method beats a hose any day.
I know ONR 'Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine' is an excellent product; I wonder, has anyone used 'Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax'? I'm considering giving it a try.

Nice, the first time you spread Duragloss AW, you realize it's something special....so easy....and works great with the coating....
I totally agree - I never heard of Duragloss AW until you mentioned it in this forum several months ago; it is truly an amazing product !!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I know ONR 'Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine' is an excellent product; I wonder, has anyone used 'Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax'? I'm considering giving it a try.
it's just an updated version of ONR, have owned both, no real diff to me....the rinseless from duragloss works just as well, and is much cheaper...seriously, when you run low on supplies, get a gallon of rinseless and a gallon of aquawax from the duragloss site and you're done buying supplies for 2-3 years...

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,674 Posts
Have to try that Duragloss AW, sounds like a nice system you got there. Had the C7 a little over seven weeks now, 2700+ miles.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Looks fantastic Rick. I'll have to get me some of the Duragloss AW.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great Rick! Cleaning is soooo easy after having a vehicle coated. I am glad you are still enjoying your beautiful ride!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts