Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn鈥檛 mean I don鈥檛 love you 馃槀

it鈥檚 early spring and I鈥檝e only been out for a few hours so far this year but I鈥檝e already seen a handful of C8鈥檚. So far each time I鈥檝e failed to recognize it in time to wave. In fact my first thought is typically McLaren which I think is a good thing right? Anyway, then I see those side scoops But it鈥檚 too late and that fellow Corvette owner is probably thinking bad thoughts about me.

i鈥檒l catch on soon. Until then, save the 馃憢

Registered
I also used to wait too long to wave. I would justify it by saying I'm too busy driving. Then I got my cataracts done and now I can see what's coming farther down the road.

Reactions: JoeCT

Registered

Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
If seen, I always return the wave, If I wave first, I don't look back to see if the wave is returned, therefore if it wasn't, I don't have to mumble anything under my breath.....................馃榿

Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
It鈥檚 seems that the corvette wave code of conduct has changed over the years. I think it is very hit and miss or non as common which isn鈥檛 that big a deal but in the past it seemed more common but maybe 馃 it鈥檚 just me.

Or, could it be that they鈥檙e many more corvettes these days and too many waves becomes annoying and people just want a peaceful uninterrupted drive?

And, could it be the many first time corvette owners who don't know the unwritten code of wave conduct? 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I鈥檒l say one thing about the latter point, my wife had a Jeep for several years and you want to talk about too many of the things to wave at. Where we are it seems like about every fifth vehicle is a Jeep and they are an owner community super diligent about waving. It really got annoying to me so I refused and suffered the chastisement from my better half 馃槀

Registered
Around here in Houston, very few C6 drivers will wave, and no C7/C8 driver will wave.

Registered
It doesn鈥檛 mean I don鈥檛 love you 馃槀

it鈥檚 early spring and I鈥檝e only been out for a few hours so far this year but I鈥檝e already seen a handful of C8鈥檚. So far each time I鈥檝e failed to recognize it in time to wave. In fact my first thought is typically McLaren which I think is a good thing right? Anyway, then I see those side scoops But it鈥檚 too late and that fellow Corvette owner is probably thinking bad thoughts about me.

i鈥檒l catch on soon. Until then, save the 馃憢
Ha, I get move 馃憢 and 馃憤, from everyone except other Corvette owners, just sayin鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
For the cars I recognize, I take the same approach as Norm, wave but don鈥檛 look. Just keep smiling 馃憢馃榾

Reactions: Racer_X

Administrator
1 - 12 of 12 Posts