Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I wont be able to buy a new Corvette and really want a C7. I wont be in position to buy one till 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2017 ... IF ... you had to guess at what used 2014 C7 pricing will be around that time what would you guess it would be? I would prefer a manual & 2LT since I really like heated seats. Not that it matters but ether AW or CG for exterior color.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
So I wont be able to buy a new Corvette and really want a C7. I wont be in position to buy one till 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2017 ... IF ... you had to guess at what used 2014 C7 pricing will be around that time what would you guess it would be? I would prefer a manual & 2LT since I really like heated seats. Not that it matters but ether AW or CG for exterior color.
Here's one way to ballpark it.

Go to KBB.com and contrast the price of 2013 Vettes with 2010 Vettes, then apply a similar depreciation percentage to the 2014.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Mobius, Ya I had been kind of doing that. For example you can pick up 2010 or 2011 LT1 manuals with less than 40k miles for around $32-40k on Autotrader . com .... I was hoping that would be a good judge. My price point will be around $35k with a trade in that will be worth around $5-8k. so total budget would be $43k ...granted wife would rather me spend $30k+trade but I should still be able to pick one up for around that I'm hoping.

I havent had the nerve to go and drive one since I'm so far off from getting one but I have been trying to decide between a C7 and a Cayman or Cayman S. I know here on the Vette forums not to ask which you would recommend ;)

Figure once the time is getting close ill go drive them both see what I like the feel of better. Its just my wife and I with no kids so no need for a back storage shelf in a car (what I refer to the back seat as). My other car I had thought about was a e92 BMW M3 for its high rev'ing V8 but the C7 just keeps pulling my eyes back to it. I can still remember the very first time I saw a C7 in person and how I wanted to wait outside the restaurant and ether jump the owner and steal it or beg for a ride :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts