Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is a question I have been asking myself and figured you might be asking yourself the same thing. Would you buy the new C-7 in its first year of production? I have purchased a few new vehicles in my time and have purchased two “new design” SUV’s on their first year of production. For the most part I regretted it. Based on what I have read about the new Stingray it may be one of the most complicated platforms that “The General” has ever produced with the possible exception of Cadillac. When I say complicated, I mean the electro-mechanical marriages that this platform seems to be full of. Sure it’s got a warranty to take care of getting it fixed, but getting fixed by whom? Mr. Goodwrench? Someone that has no practical working experience on this new vehicle? I don’t think so. I tend to think that if I do pull the trigger on the C-7 I want to give the engineers time to sort out the bugs, and there will be bugs. I don’t want my new baby to be the Guinea Pig for the local dealership. I see on several other vette sites that people falling all over themselves to place orders for the C-7, not even knowing the final prices. I have seen the options list, so I guess it is doable, I just don’t think I would want to. What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Darn good question!!! This is a tough one. The C7 is such a hot car that it's almost unbearable to sit on the sidelines and not jump on one, but on the other hand a "new" platform such as this will surely have it's share of problems. What those problems are is anyone's guess. They could be anywhere from trivial to severe. It's really a huge gamble being an early adopter. Launch could go "flawless" or it could sputter, you really don't know.

I'm personally going to sit on the sidelines for a bit and see how this game plays out, but I do not blame those that are jumping in headfirst lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've already got my allocation, it's not coming out tomorrow, probably not until 9 or 10/13, and I'm sure GM will have training sessions for the Master Techs, they'd have to. Plus it's instant Collectors Edition.
I'm a gambler, I rolled the dice.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...I'm a gambler, I rolled the dice.
Kronix; You would be a good person (when you have the time) to do a thread about your ownership experience with your Corvettes over the years. I would be interested in your perspective about mistakes or good fortune you might have made / had about purchase timing, and / or your selection of specific a model year of your purchase. Also good moves, or bad regarding options you ordered that turned out to be somewhat different in their performance than you expected. I have found the options list to be somewhat confusing as the individual options always seem to packaged with the various trim levels. I suppose this boils down to personal choice, but what options would you consider an essential purchase for well rounded performance? Do you "track" your vettes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Chip
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing