Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the way Track mode exhaust sounds (NPP exhaust), so I always switch to Track mode. However when I start the car, it always starts in Touring mode. Is there any way to start the car other than Touring mode?

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
I love the way Track mode exhaust sounds (NPP exhaust), so I always switch to Track mode. However when I start the car, it always starts in Touring mode. Is there any way to start the car other than Touring mode?
I thought there was a way to go to the settings, then exhaust, and set it for 'Track' (always open) that will cause it to stay in that mode regardless which of the 5 modes you have the car set to.

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
From what I've read if you leave it in either touring or sport mode it will return to those. From all other modes like track mode, it will return to touring on restart. You could turn the NPP off, which will open the valves all the time and use sport mode so you don't need to reset it every time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The owners Manual states below. But what does that mean? What is "Engine Sound Management feature"? I was turning it both to auto and off but have no idea what it's supposed to do lol

Driving Mode
Select and the following may be
displayed:
. Engine Sound Management
. Steering
. Suspension

Engine Sound Management

This allows the Engine Sound
Management feature to be turned
on or off.
Select Auto (Mode Selector) or Off.

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
The owners Manual states below. But what does that mean? What is "Engine Sound Management feature"? I was turning it both to auto and off but have no idea what it's supposed to do lol

Driving Mode
Select and the following may be
displayed:
. Engine Sound Management
. Steering
. Suspension

Engine Sound Management

This allows the Engine Sound
Management feature to be turned
on or off.
Select Auto (Mode Selector) or Off.
I believe "Auto" syncs it with the drive mode you select and will switch between closed and open valves depending on mode, "Off" means it will operate with the valves open all the time. :cool:

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Basically you can lock the exhaust open all the time by choosing "off". Choosing "auto" means the exhaust valves will open and close depending on which drive mode you choose:

Essentially, it works like this:
Eco and weather- closed all the time
Tour- closed except when you stomp on it
Sport- open virtually all the time
Track- open all the time...

So my plan is stay in sport mode all the time xcept when doing long dist interstate and then choose Eco or tour....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK I switched it to off and yes, exhaust is louder in all the modes. HOWEVER, each & every time I start the car, it always starts in Tour mode as default. Even if I save all settings and turn the car in another mode, when I restart the car it only starts in Tour mode. Anyway to get the car to start in the mode you turned the car off in?

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
OK I switched it to off and yes, exhaust is louder in all the modes. HOWEVER, each & every time I start the car, it always starts in Tour mode as default. Even if I save all settings and turn the car in another mode, when I restart the car it only starts in Tour mode. Anyway to get the car to start in the mode you turned the car off in?
If nobody knows the answer before I go I will ask at the Museum delivery of RedHot on the 29th.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My car starts in Eco each time but I've been driving in Eco. I have the exhaust set to off so it's loud and it stays that way every start and stop. I'll look at my setting on the drive mode when I'm in the car next.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts