Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have yet to do any performance upgrades on my C7. Intake and plug wires are first I think.

Has anyone installed aftermarket plug wires and seen gains/benefits? I have researched Granatelli and can't decide if they are worth the money. The MSD wires are half the price but don't advertise the "huge" gains (11+ HP) that Granatelli does.

Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
On many mods like this, the amt of hp increase is not enuf to get my seat of the pants attention. Simply because with 460 hp, an add of 15 or whatever is minuscule when starting with 460.

Now on my Honda accord which had 189 hp, a 15 hp increase was a big diff....

We are all diff, I do appearance mods only, as 460 is doing nicely scaring the crap outta me just as it is....LOL

But I do get that a lot of mods added together can get you a good increase. I'd like to do an intake just for looks and sound. Loved the CAI,Inc intake I had on my camaro...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have found that short of major dollars and adding forced induction that these adders don't make that much noticeable difference. The C7 is powerful enough but if I wanted a measurable increase, I would add one of the blower packages since they fit so nice and you can go back to stock easily.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: robertf97
1 - 3 of 3 Posts