Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Country Chevrolet in Herscher IL is selling their Z06's for 10,000 over msrp!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Every dealer that I talk to in the Houston area wants 25k over msrp for a Z06.

Does anyone know of a dealership that will do msrp?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

Use the search feature here with the keywords "z06 msrp". You'll find a day's worth of reading on dealers that sell @ MSRP.

You'll also find a ton of great info on courtesy delivery, discounts, timing, etc.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Understand that forum participants are a small fraction of the people who buy cars and the "big 5" forum dealers will only account for about 10% of the Z06's sold so $10K+ dealer add stickers will be far more common and accepted than most on the forums would expect.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Country Chevrolet in Herscher IL is selling their Z06's for 10,000 over msrp!!!!!!
Wait till you see what California dealers will do, be glad you live in Illinois.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
That's all great but like I said, they are a fraction of the sales. I know if I owned a dealership with less than 5 allocated Z06's not a single one would go out the door for less than $10k over MSRP and I would sell everyone of them. It's called business 101 and the laws of supply and demand.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in Socal many dealers are charging $10K over MRSP for 2015 Z51s. I wouldn't buy one from them. Weseloh Chev has a policy to never charge over MSRP because they're smart enough to know that we consumers have long memories.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I will be a ordering a Z06 vert from Boardwalk & they're MSRP. I agree a lot of dealers however will be hiking the price 10-20K!
Kingspoke, I am a customer at Boardwalk also. What is your position number on Tim's Z06 list?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

what rock have you been hiding under? ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Wait till you see what California dealers will do, be glad you live in Illinois.
Irvine Chevrolet is also charging 10K over msrp, just got off the phone with them:mad:

·
Registered
810 Posts
When you're talking about a car that sells at a price beyond the reach of most consumers, I expect a lot of 'price adjustments' will be made, as said previously, supply and demand.

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's all great but like I said, they are a fraction of the sales. I know if I owned a dealership with less than 5 allocated Z06's not a single one would go out the door for less than $10k over MSRP and I would sell everyone of them. It's called business 101 and the laws of supply and demand.
Actually, between those two, you probably have close to 10% of the total vettes for the year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kingspoke, I am a customer at Boardwalk also. What is your position number on Tim's Z06 list?
Honestly, I don't know & never asked.:eek: All I know is he'll order me one when the orders are accepted for the vert, ,depending on constraints. I don't think those no.s on the lists mean that much, but I'll soon find out.:eek: I believe (could be wrong) that the dealer submits the orders on his list that match the allocations given by GM. Not really worried about the time frame as I'm very happy with my 427 at this point (spring would be nice). Sorry, I'm not much help!

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Honestly, I don't know & never asked.:eek: All I know is he'll order me one when the orders are accepted for the vert, ,depending on constraints. I don't think those no.s on the lists mean that much, but I'll soon find out.:eek: I believe (could be wrong) that the dealer submits the orders on his list that match the allocations given by GM. Not really worried about the time frame as I'm very happy with my 427 at this point (spring would be nice). Sorry, I'm not much help!
Hi Kingspoke, it's okay. When Tim gets allocations released to him on some Thursday, he will take the list in order starting at the top, and call each person to ask if they want to change any options or keep what they have already on the order sheet. If it matches an allocation, they get it; if it does not and they are not willing to change, he calls the next person on the list, et cetera. So, you are correct: if many of the people higher up on the list have orders which have parts on constraint and are not available, then an order much lower on the list can go first.

When did you give him your deposit? I gave mine in the late March or early April timeframe.

By the way, check out our regional thread: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/western-stingray-owners/1799-san-francisco-bay-area-owners.html

We really should move our conversation to there since this thread is for Illinois instead of NorCal. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Maybe I can swap them, even up, a rare 1978 Indy Pace Car.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Supply and demand, what are people willing to pay for the Z06 that is up to them. If a Z06 sat on a dealers lot for six months would that be costly to the dealership? I have no idea what a dealership pays for new stock sitting on the lot.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Supply and demand, what are people willing to pay for the Z06 that is up to them. If a Z06 sat on a dealers lot for six months would that be costly to the dealership? I have no idea what a dealership pays for new stock sitting on the lot.

SF
Rick
Floor plan used to run around 1% / month but I imagine it's less now. Regardless, you can figure that after 30 days (again, not sure if floor plan kicks in at 30, 60 or 90 days) the dealer will spend around $500 / month to keep a Z06 on the lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts