Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I joined after finding this page due to the updates on 2015 changes, prices, ordering etc and to get clarification on how to use my supplier code. (Most dealers just discounted MSRP when I showed them what I had)

So I'm ordering from macmulkin mostly over email, I just need to send in my deposit now, what they wanted from me really was:

macmulkin said:
I can order you a 15 this month at supplier as long as you qualify.

Here's what you need to send me.

1) Copy of your drivers license or both if it's in 2 names.

2) The exact way you want it titled(name or names and address).

3) All contact info(phone numbers and emails).

4) The exact car you want with the quote I gave you.

5) Please give me a list of the local dealers of your choice for the courtesy
delivery.

6) Overnight everything and also a check for $2,000 to:(non refundable once
the order is placed)
I was given two different price quotes though, but since the build and price stuff isnt finalized / online yet I wont know how far off they are. -- But it is definitely a supplier price which makes me happy :)

I will be getting the following assuming all goes well:
2015 Stingray Coupe
1YY07 Stingray Coupe
(3LT)
(M5U) 8 Speed Automatic
(G8G) Artic White
(703) Adrenaline red
(NPP) Performance Exhaust
(J6F) Red brake calipers
(QX3) 18" 5-spoke chrome aluminum wheels (19" rear wheels)

I'm still debating the Z51 with manual transmission, but I haven't really driven stick much in my life and think I will be in traffic more often than the track. (Plus I heard things about sticky tires causing paint scratching and shifter vibration etc)

I need to mail in my deposit and I should get some sort of order number (hopefully with allocation)

I'm a 29 year old software engineer, own a nice house, and can barely afford the car but think I can manage as I do waste jerk tons of money. And boy do I plan on putting miles on this vehicle. No garage queen here. :D

Edit: Just saw the orange.... I'd hate to change options at this point, but man that looks nice

Reactions: Kathoga

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Welcome to our forum awright2009 and congrats on your pending C7 '15 purchase! You will undoubtedly get a number of alternative responses to your 'debating the Z51' decision. Here is mine :rolleyes: based on the fact that you anticipate you will be in traffic more than the track, money is tight and you haven't really driven a stick much, go with the non Z51. You will find it an outstanding car with incredible power as well as finesse. :cool:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
But if you think you will hit the track, then you will want the Z51.
I had been driving a truck with a double clutch and 14 gears for the past couple of years. I hadn't driven a "normal" transmission for years. I was worried if I'd be able to get the hang of it again. It didn't take more then a couple drives in the car to be able to not think about it.
I don't have mud guards on the car. I've got 2500 kilometres on the and dove a full track day, I don't have any issues with the paint. The shift vibration also isn't an issue for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome aboard, awright I ordered mine from Classic Chevrolet Grapevine. Everything they have told my so far has been good. They have been upfront with me. My tpw is 8/11 can hardly wait for delivery. It sounds like you have done your homework , allocation don't stay around long figure out what you want and get that deposit in. Sounds like we have the same last name. Good luck.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new corvette order!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
awright2009, welcome aboard and congrats on your order. I also purchased my C7 from MacMulkin Chevrolet and had it delivered to my house.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About had a heart attack Sunday when getting insurance quotes. I was told upper $300 to lower $400's per month. I put my order on hold and called about every insurance company there is. Got my CLUE report from here: https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/fact_act_claims_bundle/landing.jsp

Two accidents one in March 2012 another in Oct 2012 and a bunch of no fee claims that most were non incidents others involved uninsured and unlicensed drivers. I called State Farm asking to clean up my report when they quoted me about $200 a month, which isn't great but less insane. So I put my order back on today, haven't heard back but hopefully I'll be at 2000 soon enough.

I'll drive like an old man with my new car as I can't afford to get in an accident :p seems they treat new customers much harsher than existing customers treating every claim as an accident for the new people

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Does a claim affect your insurance rates if it was found that the other driver was 100% at fault?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not 100% sure as each company runs their own magic computer algorithm, but State Farm once you are a customer only account for claims over $1000 for the past three years. Tickets come into play as well as other factors like marriage, age, education etc. But if you are switching companies I think claims count against you regardless of amounts for some companies. Eg: farmers said I show you have 5 accidents (claims) and two collections when I contacted them a while back. I may even take defensive driving just to lower it a little more

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Went to pick it up today (maybe a little early, but my dad and roommate are more excited to get the car than I am) but noticed some damage that happened when they were unloading it from the truck: imgur: the simple image sharer

I'm getting the supplier price so I don't want to complain, but that is one serious scratch and you can't really paint that as nice as the factory does. Is this something that can be removed and replaced? Or is this a paint or new car situation? What would you guys do?

Edit: It's right below the driver side door

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Wow, that is really a bad scratch. They must have some real clods doing the unloading.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
urban myth: nobody paints as well as the factory...truth: most good hi end body shops will do BETTER than the factory.

A good body shop can fix this no problem, before a few tell you to demand a new car, realize that won''t happen, a dealer can fix this easily so you can never see it. ....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Glen is the Corvette Guru, take his advice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah, looking at the how it's made video I don't think it would be easy to swap that body panel off: painting panels

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Went to pick it up today (maybe a little early, but my dad and roommate are more excited to get the car than I am) but noticed some damage that happened when they were unloading it from the truck: imgur: the simple image sharer

I'm getting the supplier price so I don't want to complain, but that is one serious scratch and you can't really paint that as nice as the factory does. Is this something that can be removed and replaced? Or is this a paint or new car situation? What would you guys do?

Edit: It's right below the driver side door
awright2009, that is a nasty scratch, if it was my C7 I would let the dealership have a go at it and hopefully they can get it squared away.

SF
Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts