It snowed in NY over the weekend!:eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get that Stingray stored for winter!!
It snowed in NY over the weekend!:eek:
Wait where..
Oh yeah they told me upstate got hail. So far where im at .. dutchess county its 45 today.. was 50 other days.. that beautiful weather :D lol
I'll throw snows tires on camaro first snow we get. Then out stingray in garage.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow the Sting Ray looks so small compared to those other cars. :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow the Sting Ray looks so small compared to those other cars. :p
Paul...
Yes it does in that pic. And notice GQ4life still couldn't get it inside the parking space!:D;):D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I moved it to a chubby hole away from everybody. In case someone got mad/jealous & planned to key my car

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey GQ... just messin' with ya.
But yes that is a good move. I found out with my '98 Pace Car that when I tried to take up too much room for parking, like 2 spaces or diagonal, it just pissed off people more and the bastrds would just take it out on the car instead of waiting to confront me.

Not worth pissing off jealous people!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm in New Orleans this weekend with the girls. One of them said it was a shame I did not have the C7 yet. I'm like no freaking way I would bring it to NOLA and try to maneuver and park in this place. That is what the Infinti FX is for to take the dings and scratches.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey GQ... just messin' with ya.
But yes that is a good move. I found out with my '98 Pace Car that when I tried to take up too much room for parking, like 2 spaces or diagonal, it just pissed off people more and the bastrds would just take it out on the car instead of waiting to confront me.

Not worth pissing off jealous people!
I alwats do it but way in the back

But never fails people park next to me

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I always park my rides out in the "lower 40" with one side tucked up against a curb. That way I've got one side protected.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I always park my rides out in the "lower 40" with one side tucked up against a curb. That way I've got one side protected.

Atleast your parking properly.
Parking improper almost guarantees a dent or a scratch a tow or cars parking even closer so you cant get in your car.
***************DONT BE THAT GUY ITS LAME*********************

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Atleast your parking properly.
Parking improper almost guarantees a dent or a scratch a tow or cars parking even closer so you cant get in your car.
***************DONT BE THAT GUY ITS LAME*********************
Tried that with camaro. Failed people still parked next to in back or where ever & scratched & dented it. Costing me hundreds of dollars fixing it :'(

·
Administrator
16,308 Posts
I do the same. Perhaps I have been very lucky, but thankfully I have found people tend to respect 'nicely' kept cars. Over the years none of my cars have receive dings or scratches and I do take them to restaurants, shopping malls, Costco, etc. I seek out the end spot as Chip mentioned he does, next to a curb and park it snug to the curb side, so only half is vulnerable. By snugging the curb it affords extra space between my car and the door of the car that eventually parks next to me. I also try to note unusual conditions such as on windy days where the wind could easily catch a door when it is opened and cause it to hit the car next to it. Under those circumstances I park so into the wind. So far it has worked well. IMO I think you are asking for trouble when you park across two spaces regardless of how far out in the lot you do that. This past weekend my wife and I took a trip in RedHot to a discount mall about 45 miles from where we live, and I used the same technique. When we came out people were taking pictures (and posing for pictures next to her) but no issues with the car that parked next to RedHot. :cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
If it's any consolation...I'm THAT girl! I take up two spaces, just outside my office window so I can keep an eye on it. When going to walmart, etc...I park in the "40", away from everyone. But I agree with RedHot, I think most people are so "awestruck" by the beauty of the car, that they would respect it and not damage it. Except for drunk teenagers...they are the only ones I am afraid of.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree that people would respect the car,but I don't want to take that chance.I have never taken up 2 spaces other than at work,I think that is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree that people would respect the car,but I don't want to take that chance.I have never taken up 2 spaces other than at work,I think that is asking for trouble.
If in crowded parking lot, oh god yes. I think if ur at the far end from the store 200ft away from any other car, I don't think so.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It has been my experience that if you park near the stores and take up two or more slots you are just asking for retribution. I have heard some real horror stories about things that have been done to nice cars taking up two spaces in prime parking areas. Folks, like it or not the new C-7 begs for attention! Don't give the HATERS any reason to give your car the kind of attention that will cause it harm, and you a pain like you've never felt before. The only thing worse than a "key" job is the thought that it might have been preventable. Sometimes as we all know these types don't need much provocation though...:mad:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts