Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The "Residual Value Award," from ALG, Inc is extrmely important award. The recipient in the sports cars category, for the leading residual value is the 2014 Corvette StingRay. Thanks to "glen e," who had a long career automobile industry, including in marketing, we have learned this news. Here is his analysis: "This is probably the biggest news to hit the boards since the beginning; it means the car will lease for low dollars and will great comparative worth in 3 years. The industry revolves around ALG. This is the standard all the banks use. It effects all KBB, Edmonds, TrueCar sites, etc...."

AutoRemarketingstaff.com said:
"Another day, another award for the C7 Corvette.

ALG, a leading residual value forecaster for cars and trucks sold in North America, has named the Chevrolet Corvette the top premium sports car when it comes to retaining the highest percentage of its manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) over the course of three years.

“Residual value is critical to automakers and consumers alike because it’s a complete indicator of the vehicle’s value, taking into account quality, durability, brand desirability and other factors,” said ALG President, Larry Dominique. “For vehicle owners, residual value forecasts what their return on investment will be, and the Residual Value Awards clearly show which products will best retain their value over the next 36 months.”

ALG’s press release says it picks its winners after examining “vehicle criteria including segment competition, historical vehicle performance and industry trends.” The Corvette will officially be presented its award this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

In related news, Chevrolet earned another win with the Camaro taking top honors in the mainstream sports car segment."
source [ALG]

·
Registered
145 Posts
great news....are the actual percentages available now? I am hazarding a guess of 65%. The highest I have ever seen was a long time ago...the Ford Expedition with a whopping 68% at the very beginning of its introduction. I leased loaded one for a mere $268/month/36mos for a $35k MSRP vehicle.....and boy were they wrong on that one!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is fantastic news. Just one more sign that GM did everything right and deserves to enjoy the success with the C7. Momentum is building and I don't think we have seen the peak yet. Nice to be riding the wave.

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Thanks for the post elegant. By the by, what a great picture! Dramatic with the juxtaposition of the 'angry' white of the clouds and the quite power of the white C7 :cool:

Reactions: SCR2014Vette
1 - 4 of 4 Posts