Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clunk in the rear of my C7 when I pull away in a curve. It doesn't seem to happen when I pull away straight. Anybody? -charlie

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
You got tha right Elegant. My ZR1 was real bad for that, especially on concrete surfaces in Parking Lots. I think it has something to do with the tire width and tread design. I was real conserned when the car was new. It is a bit embarassing when a stranger to the car is in it and doesn't know what is going on. Just like the noisey Ceramic brakes & Rotors of the ZR1. Ahhh!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I joined this forum 5 months before delivery to learn all the new features and not have to ask.....:(

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thank God for stuff we can say is normal. If I read one more negative thread before I get my machine I"m gonna scream.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. But we seemed to have missed the essence of my question. In the title and in the message, I mentioned specifically, the REAR of the Vette and not the front end. The clunk I hear and feel is reminiscent of the old positraction days when either the wrong limited slip differential fluid was used, or the unit needed to be "broken in". "Younger" enthusiasts may not even be familiar with this particular problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thanks, guys. But we seemed to have missed the essence of my question. In the title and in the message, I mentioned specifically, the REAR of the Vette and not the front end. The clunk I hear and feel is reminiscent of the old positraction days when either the wrong limited slip differential fluid was used, or the unit needed to be "broken in". "Younger" enthusiasts may not even be familiar with this particular problem. Thanks.
Charlie; If your car is a Z-51, see post 136 in the thread below. It might cover what you are hearing. If your car is not a Z-51 you might want to get the hypoid grease / lube level checked in rear diff. What is the manufacturing date of your car?

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ions/1504-corvette-z-51-e-diff-thread-14.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts