Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Does anyone know a good place to have a clear bra installed in the Indianapolis area? I would prefer XPel Ultimate but have found that a good installer is almost as important as the product. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys. Does anyone know a good place to have a clear bra installed in the Indianapolis area? I would prefer XPel Ultimate but have found that a good installer is almost as important as the product. Thanks.
I had Xpel Ultimate installed on the whole nose of my 2016 Z51 and you could not be more right on finding a good installer. All "certified" Xpel installers are not created equal. After waiting 3 days for the install to be complete, I found the hood done in 2 pieces. When I asked why, I was told he called Xpel to find out what stripes I had. He was told the car had the stinger stripe, it actually has dual racing stripes. He didn't call me and ask me. He did replace it but that meant another hour trip (one way) and 4 hours of my time while I waited for it. I found a hair under the film some of the edges are not good and there are what looks like stretch marks in a number of places. When I mentioned the flaws I was told "I don't have a hospital environment". So, when you find an installer check other jobs they have done to make sure all are happy. Also check prices, I called another installer in the big city and found the same job from them was like $400 cheaper and maybe done more to my liking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My installer will do Avery. The Xpel is thicker ands harder to do the corners and tight spots. That and 3M have shrinkage issues over time. So for ease of installation he uses that. He's a high end interior guy working an interior refit on a Ferrari 330 2+2.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I had Xpel Ultimate installed on the whole nose of my 2016 Z51 and you could not be more right on finding a good installer. All "certified" Xpel installers are not created equal. After waiting 3 days for the install to be complete, I found the hood done in 2 pieces. When I asked why, I was told he called Xpel to find out what stripes I had. He was told the car had the stinger stripe, it actually has dual racing stripes. He didn't call me and ask me. He did replace it but that meant another hour trip (one way) and 4 hours of my time while I waited for it. I found a hair under the film some of the edges are not good and there are what looks like stretch marks in a number of places. When I mentioned the flaws I was told "I don't have a hospital environment". So, when you find an installer check other jobs they have done to make sure all are happy. Also check prices, I called another installer in the big city and found the same job from them was like $400 cheaper and maybe done more to my liking.
johnnydee, to help other people out in the future, you should post a review online. My wife and I often view Yelp reviews to help us decide where we will take our business for various things in life.

If there is a thread in your regional forum here on the site, you should also post it there to help other forum members in your area avoid that shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts