Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am mentioning again, in the hope that the folks at Chevy and GM see this, about design imperfections in the infotainment software. I also own a Scion with which to make a comparison. The Corvette system can only handle a limited number of songs on an iPod. The Scion handles the same iPod with no problem. Yesterday, playing my iPod touch, which has only a few hundred songs on it, when I went to play the album More Hot Rocks, the playlist for Nick Lowe's Greatest Hits appeared instead of the correct playlist. When playing the system in the Scion, whether the radio or an iPod, I can always access another media source much more quickly than in the Vette. The same goes for adjusting the sound settings.
With all the great things about the C7, I hate to complain about anything in the car that was recently labeled a "masterpiece" by one prominent writer, but these issues are annoying and should be easily correctable with software updates. Does anyone share these or similar concerns (I know about the navigation problems)?
Nonetheless, despite the little glitches with the infotainment center, I LOVE MY C7 'Vette!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have 5300 songs and 8 music videos on an iPod Classic, never a problem playing anything on the device. I also have an SD card with all of them on it too and switch back and forth with no problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 5300 songs and 8 music videos on an iPod Classic, never a problem playing anything on the device. I also have an SD card with all of them on it too and switch back and forth with no problem.
Apparently the C7 system cannot handle more than about 8000 selections. I remember that was stated even before the car became available last year.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Apparently the C7 system cannot handle more than about 8000 selections. I remember that was stated even before the car became available last year.
Actually, it can handle up 100,000 songs, but above 8000, it loses some of the ability to index them by different categories.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To Glen E:

I have a 2015. What year is your car? An 80GB and a 160GB iPod. Here are my issues:
- Sometimes on ignition, it is not recognized "No media found" or "iPod" when name of iPod is "Ken's iPod". Won't play if it says only "iPod"
Has this happened to you?

- Song advances, but album art and information does not change. All the time. Every song

- I can change album art manually advancing, but then when it autoplays next song, art and info does not change

Went to the dealer today with the Service manager. Tried my ipod in a 2015 on the showroom floor - did the same thing

Tried it on a 2016 (Z06 on the floor!!) NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, advanced everytime. There is a definite problem in the software that they found and fixed. The PI1375B did not correct my problem unless the dealer did not properly install and reset per instructions.

Reactions: SG1ltzf1 and OMJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually, it can handle up 100,000 songs, but above 8000, it loses some of the ability to index them by different categories.
Why bother with the iPod (or any other external device)? --- I have instant access (including Voice Control for Artist or Album) to my 14,000+ MP3 Music Collection, playing from a simple 128GB SD Card, installed in the center console SD card slot ('14 & '15). If you have a '16, you can do the same with a USB Jump Drive. Either way, you have direct and seamless control of your entire music collection, without worry about an iPod, iPhone, or any other external device.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds like a good way to do it, but my original point was that the software for the infotainment system in the C7 is mediocre at best and could be much better; after 2 years I have heard of no efforts to upgrade and improve it. On an otherwise superb car, we should not have to deal with such poorly-designed software.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my Suburban. The songs on my pod advance but the song ID doesn't. Strange but the 2014 vette works perfectly. So the software is different somehow. My pod has 158 songs on it so I am sure its not an overload problem. My wont play if it say only "i pod" Again that is the Suburban system. cutnout aka Charlie
To Glen E:

I have a 2015. What year is your car? An 80GB and a 160GB iPod. Here are my issues:
- Sometimes on ignition, it is not recognized "No media found" or "iPod" when name of iPod is "Ken's iPod". Won't play if it says only "iPod"

- Song advances, but album art and information does not change. All the time. Every song

- I can change album art manually advancing, but then when it autoplays next song, art and info does not change

Went to the dealer today with the Service manager. Tried my ipod in a 2015 on the showroom floor - did the same thing

Tried it on a 2016 (Z06 on the floor!!) NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, advanced everytime. There is a definite problem in the software that they found and fixed. The PI1375B did not correct my problem unless the dealer did not properly install and reset per instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts