Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
219 Posts
Excellent reference guide. From reviewing all the info Im more & more inclined to live in my C7 for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thank you so much "talon90" for putting this together, to help all to learn how to use the infotainment system!!!
Your expertise about so many of the C7's components is valuable to us all.
Thank you so much gents. This is great stuff and really easy to follow, even for a dinosaur! Is this document part of standard issue or was it created for use at Museum deliveries?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh boy that doesn't look good. If I was going on a long road trip somewhere I know I'd be ticked off. I guess time to get the Walkman out, may need it after all someday lol

Reactions: akpancake

·
Registered
273 Posts
My salesman gave me an USB thumb drive that the dealership is giving all new owners. It has a great PDF of the Infotainment system and a Sales manual to help sell the Stingray(I think it is selling itself!). I will upload it to the Forum ASAP!

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
they are both here in the news section - they should be stickied but are not..and members like us can only load very small files not docs, per the settings of the forum by the mods..

·
Registered
273 Posts
they are both here in the news section - they should be stickied but are not..
Thanks- I appreciate you watch over us. I got a lot out of reading the files on the drive - mine also has Camaro and SS on it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My salesman gave me an USB thumb drive that the dealership is giving all new owners. It has a great PDF of the Infotainment system and a Sales manual to help sell the Stingray(I think it is selling itself!). I will upload it to the Forum ASAP!
So, is it possible to download all our music files from iTunes onto a thumb drive and play all our music on the C7 stereo system? If this is possible, I'm going to be beside myself. Currently, I have to use Bluetooth in my Nissan and there's issues in respect to reception. I'm not as savvy in electronics as our younger members. Heck, I still haven't figured out how to download the music onto a thumb drive yet, but when I do.......

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Can you view photos on the screen from the SD card or USB drives?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
So, is it possible to download all our music files from iTunes onto a thumb drive and play all our music on the C7 stereo system? If this is possible, I'm going to be beside myself. Currently, I have to use Bluetooth in my Nissan and there's issues in respect to reception. I'm not as savvy in electronics as our younger members. Heck, I still haven't figured out how to download the music onto a thumb drive yet, but when I do.......
This should be possible to do. The biggest issue that I have heard of people facing for playing music from such a medium (USB drive) is to get the album artwork to display in the car. If that isn't an issue for you, then all you have to do (as far as I know) is copy your music files to the thumb drive, plug it in your car, and select the thumb drive as your audio source.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Can you view photos on the screen from the SD card or USB drives?
If so, then probably only with your emergency brake on, I would think. I see you have an M7. For an automatic, I also think they have to be in park.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey....I have a Z51 3LT loaded to the the hilt but I don't have a pandora icon nor a weather icon? Any idea why that might be? I'm in Canada....maybe Canadians don't care for weather? lol

Thx all
Barry

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If so, then probably only with your emergency brake on, I would think. I see you have an M7. For an automatic, I also think they have to be in park.
Exactly! This will be the same standard for viewing the 2015 Performance Data Recorder. The specific example given was that while you cans start your PDR recording while you are underway, to review what you have recorded, you will need to pull over, set the e brake for a manual trans, or be in park if an auto.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey....I have a Z51 3LT loaded to the the hilt but I don't have a pandora icon nor a weather icon? Any idea why that might be? I'm in Canada....maybe Canadians don't care for weather? lol. Thx all. Barry
Those programs are coming on the 2015's.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I downloaded all my music files from itunes onto a very small thumb drive. Menus shows artists, albums etc. Does not show the album artwork. It responds much faster than just plugging in the iPod.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Those programs are coming on the 2015's.
Yes, I think they are available if you get the 4G/hotspot system.

I use Pandora now, through Bluetooth, along with voice navigation from my phone. It's the Poor-Man's 4G System (TM).

Oh, I've got HotSpot too (almost forgot).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts