Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know I my C7 was built 3-5-2014 and today vin ending 17,615 and the infotaiment screen went dark 2 times today while driving. This supposedly has been fixed back in jan or Feb but to get my infotainment screen back I just smacked the side of the console and it came back on. So now I have 2 issues with my 4 week old car, paint issue on my bumper and infotainment issue going black, what's next? I am not a happy camper at this time

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah my car was produced march 10, 2014 or so and the infotainment is grainy at times, but other times it's clear. I need to go to chevrolet and ensure everything is up to date. Now if I can just find the time......

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took video of my screen flashing on and off for 10 mins today. 2/3 of screen went black. In my video it shows me pressing the radio and home button after it was stuck on the map screen. Restarting car fixed issue... For now. I'm still waiting for Corp to step in as they said they would. Bought on Jan 1, 2014. White targa top 3LT C7. Worst experience I've ever had buying brand new car. Dealership has damaged it FIVE TIMES now. Had to order new clear top after original was scratched. I emailed complaint on Jan 14 and have been dealing with since. Today's email involved words like Better Business Bureau and attorney. Seat malfunctions, still have damage to car, vibrations in back and on passenger side they haven't found in four different times they've had. :mad:

·
Registered
445 Posts
My screen has gone to black a few times in the past week. Sometimes there is a delay with the backup camera coming on; i.e. I've already backed into a parking space and ready to turn the car off and then the screen comes on.
I'm going to wait a while and see if it improves or gets worse before I drop it off at the dealer.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I am starting to see that some owners that have had their car re-flashed (in some cases more than once)have had their screen replaced, which is contrary to what GM advises its dealers to do. There must be something else going on here. What I can't understand is why a re-flash works on some cars and not on all? This must drive the engineers responsible with coming up with a permanent fix crazy. :confused:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let everyone know I my C7 was built 3-5-2014 and today vin ending 17,615 and the infotaiment screen went dark 2 times today while driving. This supposedly has been fixed back in jan or Feb but to get my infotainment screen back I just smacked the side of the console and it came back on. So now I have 2 issues with my 4 week old car, paint issue on my bumper and infotainment issue going black, what's next? I am not a happy camper at this time
Since my last post on 4-28-2014 above it has not happened again? ;) Has anyone experiencing this problem smacked the side of the dash like I did? :rolleyes: Seems like my method works better then GM flashing it so far? LOL :eek:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I have seen that that method works, but most folks were not satisfied with have to rely on such crude a method in a new car. On the other hand pulling the dash out of a C-7 is not a pretty thing to see either.
C-7 TROUBLE.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
After 4 years of struggling with the same problem and not being able to find a dealer willing to tackle the infotainment display issue the system went black for most of the time. I finally found a dealer to "fix" the problem, the solution is replace the entire display system. I'm convinced because it was intermittent it was a connection issue but the factory recommended solution is replace everything.

·
Registered
335 Posts
They replaced the entire unit on mine as well. This past weekend as wife and I were looking at new cars and all manufactures appear to have only one or two "platforms" and dealers can’t fix the tech gremlins I proposed a future reality. I think the day is coming when you will have drive-train or passenger compartment problem. When you arrive with a drivetrain problem the dealer will move your "car" over to a new drivetrain and send the old one back to the factory to be refurbished. If the problem is in the passenger compartment they will move your drive train to another car and send the car back to the factory to be refurbished. I called it “The Alternator Model”. Yours go bad, replace with one off the shelf, send the faulty one back to be rewrapped.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
After 4 years of struggling with the same problem and not being able to find a dealer willing to tackle the infotainment display issue the system went black for most of the time. I finally found a dealer to "fix" the problem, the solution is replace the entire display system. I'm convinced because it was intermittent it was a connection issue but the factory recommended solution is replace everything.
Surfacevette, welcome aboard to SRF and it's sad to read about you not being able to locating a dealer to square away the situation. Any more problems in the future with your non conforming dealerships, shoot Chevrolet Customer Care on the forum an email, maybe they can enlighten them!

SF
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts