Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 screen has the usual problems associated with that year...it’s 505 of the first 550 produced. Just started with a rolling screen and occasional black screen that now is normal after blowing the horn which I learned from this site. But, I am wanting to know what it will likely cost for replacement.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
182 Posts
You should be able to find one for around $500ish I'd think. And there are step-by-step "how to" videos on youtube if you're so inclined.... thankfully mine hasn't developed any issues...... YET. <knocking on wood>

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had the infortainment screen replaced in my 2015 coupe, this past June.
The price was, $1234.31.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2014 screen has the usual problems associated with that year...it’s 505 of the first 550 produced. Just started with a rolling screen and occasional black screen that now is normal after blowing the horn which I learned from this site. But, I am wanting to know what it will likely cost for replacement.
I have a 2014 also that was built late in the year. I have been very frugal in operating the screen up/down control after hearing all the horror stories regarding this issue. Also I’m a third owner of a very clean Limerock Green Z51 convertible. So I’m assuming the previous owners operated the screen more than I have. Since it was built late in 2014, does that mean the info screen issue was identified by GM and a screen with a better connector was incorporated into the later model year cars?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,104 Posts
If you are big on technology and being able to mirror your phone in the infotainment screen you might want to upgrade and purchase a unit with Apple Car play or Google Car play capabilities which became standard on the 2015's and beyond.

·
Administrator
16,495 Posts
I have a 2014 also that was built late in the year. I have been very frugal in operating the screen up/down control after hearing all the horror stories regarding this issue. Also I’m a third owner of a very clean Limerock Green Z51 convertible. So I’m assuming the previous owners operated the screen more than I have. Since it was built late in 2014, does that mean the info screen issue was identified by GM and a screen with a better connector was incorporated into the later model year cars?
Your dealer should be able to see if the unit was updated both in terms of software and in terms of the infotainment screen being replaced. A number of 2014s had it go out and replaced under warranty. Having said that (and RedHot was one of those getting it done), she is now 7 years old and never had an issue with the screen or screen going up and down since replacement. Really two separate issues- the screen going out, and the screen jamming on going up and down. The screen going out was a much more common issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your dealer should be able to see if the unit was updated both in terms of software and in terms of the infotainment screen being replaced. A number of 2014s had it go out and replaced under warranty. Having said that (and RedHot was one of those getting it done), she is now 7 years old and never had an issue with the screen or screen going up and down since replacement. Really two separate issues- the screen going out, and the screen jamming on going up and down. The screen going out was a much more common issue.
I have a 2014 3LT I purchased used 1.5 years ago. The central screen has always been an issue as it would only go down once and up once, thereafter it just twitches when trying to open it or to close it again. After a long wait it will work normally once again, one more cycle....until the other day when I had an epiphany to try something. I saw that the screen lower left edge bezel corner was about 1 mm higher than the right side when in the raised position. I used a plastic putty knife handle ( about 2mm in thickness ) to push downward carefully on that corner of the screen left lower bezel without stressing the touch screen itself and it went down straightaway when pressing the operation button. PLUS- it is now fitting squarely in the main surround bezel. I also wiped off the dust in the two tracks that the screen travels in as well as the top recess where it seats in behind the main dash bezel. BTW the 2 blue wires mentioned in other posts that can cause interference with the travel were\are okay. I feared all along that this would be a stealership fix....

·
Registered
24 Posts
As I am the 3rd owner and it was a west coast car (I live on the East coat, CapeCod) I‘m not sure if my dealer can find out if it was replaced.

·
Administrator
16,495 Posts
As I am the 3rd owner and it was a west coast car (I live on the East coat, CapeCod) I‘m not sure if my dealer can find out if it was replaced.
Any GM service center can bring up the prior work done by GM service centers based on your VIN .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts