Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the 26th (Tuesday) my Infotainment System started acting like an old T.V., scrolling lines, flashing in and out, and the screen would go out. So I figured I would let it sit overnight and the computer would re-set it. Wednesday it went down again, so I took it straight to Marine Chevrolet to trouble shoot the problem. Within a half hour later they found that the Infotainment system went south and they had to call to get permission for another one to be sent, (restricted part). I drop off my C7 Thursday after work, they have my loner vehicle waiting, and they park my C7 inside. Of course I had a long day Friday, 0500-1500, working and setting up the Camp Lejeune Commanding Generals Graduation Ceremony. I go to pick up my C7 and it is waiting inside with no vehicles parked around it and it is back to 120%, (that made my week)!! I've had my Climate Control System go out and now the Infotainment System. No problem two "minor" items, it's all good because my Chevrolet Corvette StingRay C7 Masterpiece is an "Awesome Touring, High Performance Vehicle" Here is what is written on the work order.

" Diag concern. Scan for DTSs. Found Doc#4163259. Stating to replace driver info display for concern. Contacted TAC for part restriction case #71-1480192575. Replace driver info display. Verify repair.

My young bride and I enjoyed our C7 masterpiece all weekend. :)

SF
Rick

·
Registered
531 Posts
Glad you got it fixed!

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
Excellent Rick and your super attitude shows through.:cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine is quirky too. I cannot get it to function 100% every time I drive the car. I wish it would crash completely and that might be the fix?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vigilante, take it in to the dealership and let them run some test, they may discover a bad code or unit. Next time it happens video it with your cell phone and show the Chevrolet service tech.

SF
Rick

Reactions: ontariovette

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad your back in the saddle U.S. Marine. And I'm really happy you are enjoying your 'Masterpiece' as much as I am. And as Jeff said, great attitude!
Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The past week mine has been doing the same thing so I took it to my local dealer yesterday. I'm not sure if they ran any tests or not, but they stated they found the bulletin regarding the issue and downloaded a software update for it. They had it at lunch and I was able to drive it home last night with no issues. I am hoping that solves the issue,but we shall see. I am pushing 24,000 miles and this is the first time it has shown up. I have a trip from VA to VT planned next week in it so the 10 hour drives each way will definitely put it to the test.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The past week mine has been doing the same thing so I took it to my local dealer yesterday. I'm not sure if they ran any tests or not, but they stated they found the bulletin regarding the issue and downloaded a software update for it. They had it at lunch and I was able to drive it home last night with no issues. I am hoping that solves the issue,but we shall see. I am pushing 24,000 miles and this is the first time it has shown up. I have a trip from VA to VT planned next week in it so the 10 hour drives each way will definitely put it to the test.
Brandon; Just in case that does not work...Look this over:http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-tsb-recalls/2834-infotainment-screen-issue-notice-pic5934-now-updated-b.html

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good luck buckeye, safe travels. Rick, glad to hear your dealership took care of you, hope you and some of the others are an anomaly. Great idea about video recording a 'phantom gripe' which does not repeat when taken to dealer.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Absolutely worth taking video of problems. My dealership never questions or gives me hassle when I present photos or videos of the rare problems I've had.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Absolutely worth taking video of problems. My dealership never questions or gives me hassle when I present photos or videos of the rare problems I've had.
Luckily I had done the same as when I dropped it off, the screen was acting right, but then I showed then the video and they looked astonished at what it was doing.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brandon, hope that you get your C7 masterpiece back to 120%, be safe on your trip, and get some good wheel time!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
633 Posts
Gremlins--and I'm not talking abt the AMC-type! lol

Glad to hear all worked out for you...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 C7 started doing the same thing! I drive to work everyday in my stingray, so I was wondering how long they took to get your issue fixed?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My 2014 C7 started doing the same thing! I drive to work everyday in my stingray, so I was wondering how long they took to get your issue fixed?
quixoteloco, welcome aboard, sorry to hear you are having problems with your info system. It only took one day to fix the problem. It was a minor issue and we were back to wheeling around NC.

SF
Rick

Reactions: quixoteloco

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got notified that a new screen should show up today and everything should be completed tomorrow. Lets hope that this solves it.
That is great news, get you and your C7 back to 120%!!!!

SF
Rick

Reactions: vabuckeye
1 - 20 of 46 Posts