Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well, just got a call...the first screen didn't work as it was worse than the original and now the motor that raised and lowers the screen malfunctioned so they are having to replace that as well.......not really enjoying this whole process

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Well, just got a call...the first screen didn't work as it was worse than the original and now the motor that raised and lowers the screen malfunctioned so they are having to replace that as well.......not really enjoying this whole process
I bet! Is Heritage doing the work?

·
Registered
186 Posts
So I got my C7 back today with the new screen. So far so good, but I've only driven it 5 miles. The screen does seem more responsive than the original and the backup camera seems brighter. We will see how it continues to go as I put more miles on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
quixoteloco, welcome aboard, sorry to hear you are having problems with your info system. It only took one day to fix the problem. It was a minor issue and we were back to wheeling around NC.

SF
Rick
Hi Rick! Thanks for the reply, sorry it has been so long ago! I finally got around to getting to the dealership to have them look at the issue. He said it might be resolved with an update and is going to look at it when replacing a parking brake nut per a recall on my vette, which I found out when having an oil change. I am surprised that GM doesn't notify us in the owner center even after a couple of months of issuing a recall.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2014 C7 started doing the same thing.. The dealer did not have any info on this problem and told me to bring it in when it was happening .... I told them about PIC5934 and they ordered me a new Display screen.. after checking my car ? Must have been a serial number check.. The day I took it in when I started it up the Screen was rolling and went dark as I turned it in to the dealer.. They replaced the screen and it looks almost like a higher resolution.. Dealer said they don't get PIC info unless they ask for a number.. They gave me a copy and it's now PIC5934C.. They said it helped them with a other C7 same problem. P for private I internal C Communication... I would love to see that list...!!!!!!!!!!! If you have seen this problem get it fixed before your warranty runs out ...any you have to pay for a new screen.

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
My 2014 C7 started doing the same thing.. The dealer did not have any info on this problem and told me to bring it in when it was happening .... I told them about PIC5934 and they ordered me a new Display screen.. after checking my car ? Must have been a serial number check.. The day I took it in when I started it up the Screen was rolling and went dark as I turned it in to the dealer.. They replaced the screen and it looks almost like a higher resolution.. Dealer said they don't get PIC info unless they ask for a number.. They gave me a copy and it's now PIC5934C.. They said it helped them with a other C7 same problem. P for private I internal C Communication... I would love to see that list...!!!!!!!!!!! If you have seen this problem get it fixed before your warranty runs out ...any you have to pay for a new screen.
Hello gsafree! Can you please scan and post the copy of PIC5934C that your dealer gave to you? It could be very helpful for other members in the future. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My '14 had the same issue, so the screen was replaced over 21 months ago under warranty. The new one has been absolutely flawless ever since! For thse experencing any screen issues, take a cell video of the problem (if possible) and the PIC mentioned above to your dealer. Have them order and receive in-hand the replacement screen before they begin work on your car. Mine took about 2-1/2 hours and I was back on the road the same morning I took the car in. The swap isn't hard but there are a lot of trim pieces that need to be removed just to get to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Rick, hope I have the same luck as you. Bringing my car in Wednesday for a totally dark screen. It flickered for a while but now is dark. Love my car hope its not in the shop too long. Thanks for info Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gsafree thanks for the info on the infotainment center. Mine did it 1 time about 5 weeks ago but, the radio continued to play. I will tell my dealer about PIC5934C and inquire about being able to solve the issue from that. Thanks for sharing that important info. I hope they can fix my 16 C7 Vert before it is too late.

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
Normal steps in getting infotainment center replacement:
-try to document the issue(s) with your cell phone since typically it won't do it when you bring it in
-service departments will first have to try the existing software updates before they can order replacement screen unit
-if and when updates don't resolve the issue(s), the replacement will be ordered

In many cases the software updates do resolve the issue(s), but in others it is only temporarily fixed. However, once the screen/module is replaced the fix has been permanent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My infotainment system died last night - screen when black. Radio works - but can't tell what station I am on. It worked fine, no symptoms, until it didn't! Screen goes up and down fine - just black screen so no RVC, or anything to do with screen. I'll call Chevy dealer today....but any thoughts? 2015 Z06.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My infotainment system died last night - screen when black. Radio works - but can't tell what station I am on. It worked fine, no symptoms, until it didn't! Screen goes up and down fine - just black screen so no RVC, or anything to do with screen. I'll call Chevy dealer today....but any thoughts? 2015 Z06.
See #31 above form JSVette. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Call me a sucker, but I am in $950+ tax already getting my infotainment screen back on and no guarantee it will be a permanent fix. Car is at Carter Chevrolet in Vernon, CT.
  • 3+ hours diagnostic and taking dash apart (was NOT software upgrade)
  • Disconnects harness and connects is again and it works fine again. BUT, the fear is there's gremlins and if they put it back together again it may go out and labor to take apart dash again staring me in the face.
  • They feel it's (likely) the wire harness ($40 + 3 more hours labor). Screen $750 + labor if I wanted that replaced also "to be sure". My hunch (and they agreed) screen is OK as there were zero issues or indicators - it just went black, but now it's on.
  • They suggested replacing wire harness and I said OK. With parts and diagnostic + install labor $950 + tax.
  • Risk is screen is bad and after they put it back together screen goes out again and we start over with labor. Alternative was to add $750 and say replace monitor while dash is apart but that's an expensive "add-on".
It's going to take a few days to get the harness, so on top of all this I lose it for a week. What's worse is CPO expired 5 days before it failed. Is it stays on, I am cool with the $1K. Say a prayer for me please!

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
Call me a sucker, but I am in $950+ tax already getting my infotainment screen back on and no guarantee it will be a permanent fix. Car is at Carter Chevrolet in Vernon, CT.
  • 3+ hours diagnostic and taking dash apart (was NOT software upgrade)
  • Disconnects harness and connects is again and it works fine again. BUT, the fear is there's gremlins and if they put it back together again it may go out and labor to take apart dash again staring me in the face.
  • They feel it's (likely) the wire harness ($40 + 3 more hours labor). Screen $750 + labor if I wanted that replaced also "to be sure". My hunch (and they agreed) screen is OK as there were zero issues or indicators - it just went black, but now it's on.
  • They suggested replacing wire harness and I said OK. With parts and diagnostic + install labor $950 + tax.
  • Risk is screen is bad and after they put it back together screen goes out again and we start over with labor. Alternative was to add $750 and say replace monitor while dash is apart but that's an expensive "add-on".
It's going to take a few days to get the harness, so on top of all this I lose it for a week. What's worse is CPO expired 5 days before it failed. Is it stays on, I am cool with the $1K. Say a prayer for me please!
Since it is a known issue, I would contact your regional Chevy Customer Service Manager, and calmly explain the situation and that your CPO expired 5 days prior to failure. Hopefully they will come up with a goodwill solution.

Reactions: mneadle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Since it is a known issue, I would contact your regional Chevy Customer Service Manager, and calmly explain the situation and that your CPO expired 5 days prior to failure. Hopefully they will come up with a goodwill solution.
Thanks for the suggestion. Several years ago I had a Jaguar engine cease (Super charged 5.0 / 550 HP) at 70,000 miles. Car was immaculate and I always had it serviced at Jag. After being denied by their review process I wrote to CEO and got a brand new, $40,000 motor installed free.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had the infotainment screen replaced in my 2015 coupe last week, at 21,000 miles. It started to go from bright to dim.
It did this, since August. It finally went dim, and stayed that way. The replacement was at a cost of, $1,234.21.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the infotainment screen replaced in my 2015 coupe last week, at 21,000 miles. It started to go from bright to dim.
It did this, since August. It finally went dim, and stayed that way. The replacement was at a cost of, $1,234.21.
These LCD screens SHOULD last more than 5 years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got notified that a new screen should show up today and everything should be completed tomorrow. Lets hope that this solves it.
Hope you got your screen replaced and that it's working well. I have to have mine replaced and would love to know what it cost to have it done! Thanks

21 - 40 of 46 Posts