Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hope you got your screen replaced and that it's working well. I have to have mine replaced and would love to know what it cost to have it done! Thanks
Look up at post 39 he paid $1,240.

Mine is a cluster F&^%. can't tell if it's LCD screen or wiring harness because they unplugged and plugged in again and it works. So, we are guessing. So much friggin labor time and expense - and we are going to try harness ($40 + 3 hours labor). With diagnostics $950 out the door, with my old screen.

So, today they call and said harness is in. Then, they called back and said wrong part but correct harness is back ordered no idea when it will be in. Could be a week could be 3 months while my car sits there dash board taken apart. I got frustrated and asked how much to put it back together and let me drive it away because I am NOT losing the car for entire summer waiting for a wire harness that may do nothing anyway! My math says $600 for them to have taken dash apart, TRIED to diagnose (but failed) and put back together. I will then go to another Chevy dealer and contact Chevy Regional as it's 5 days out of CPO warranty when this happened. SO frustrating.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My shop couldn't decide whether it's the screen (likely!!) or the wiring harness (???) and the car was apart and the wiring harness back ordered with absolutely no idea when it could come in. Instead of my car sitting there for weeks, or who knows how long I told them to put it together and I picked it up. They gave me a 10% discount and I paid $780 for nothing but time and diagnostics and they have NO idea if it's the screen or wires. Aren't there service bulletins or something they can refer to for common problems like this? I always thought the advantage of a dealer is they know the car and stuff like this should be easy, even if pricy. So, got my (filthy) car back today, this bill and I am at square 1. Will call Service manager Monday and unless he has a brilliant idea off to another Chevy dealer, $780 already sunk - 4 days out of warranty. I did get my oil change free a la CPO!!! Bargain I got! I should add that when I got in the car screen was on. Opened compartment to get my sunglasses and it went off, before I left their driveway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
At this point, even after spending $780 I’d be happy if a shop said “ we can fix that for $1,241”. This dealer won’t .

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wrote to Chevy and their Client Services group engaged and was useless. I have the Executive support Team helping me now. I am not even asking for anything special just to be able to repair. The wire harness I supposedly need remains on backorder so I am glad I picked the car up over a month ago. Meanwhile, the dealers side of the story is that I refused service because I didn't want to leave it there all Summer waiting for a part! :eek:

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,118 Posts
Frustrating when you have to deal with what you've been going through, lack of caring, incompetence, or no trained technician, puts a sour taste over everything. Hope you get it squared away.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts