Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed LG real carbon fiber side skirts to reduce road rash on the rocker panels and to match my CF roof. They look great. Eight pages of install info, including jacking without a lift on my website: netwelding.com/reports_vette_info.htm

Side_Skirt.jpg

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks great and thanks for taking the time to put together such a detailed install guide.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jerry, that looks great, it flows with the C7 design. It looks like it would offer a great deal of rocker protection.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry, that looks great, it flows with the C7 design. It looks like it would offer a great deal of rocker protection.

SF
Rick
Thanks. Hope it stops the sand and pebbles hitting the rocker panels. Close to where I live is a dirt road that Tee’s into our street. Folks drag debris on to our paved road. Did not have a problem with my C6, but the shape of the C7 near the bottom and the sticky Z51 tires cause much more of a issue. Also pleased with the quality of the product and how well it fits and looks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Installed LG real carbon fiber side skirts to reduce road rash on the rocker panels and to match my CF roof. They look great. Eight pages of install info, including jacking without a lift on my website: netwelding.com/reports_vette_info.htm

View attachment 5903
Looks great, I see the price range on this is $1,745 and Lashway motorsports has a C7 Aero kit which bundles the sideskirts with a front splitter for $1,499 so I am trying to figure out which vendor to purchase a set of these from? obviously Lashway seems like more economical but I also believe in you get what you pay for. Please advise in this matter if you are able? or anyone here in the forum that has bought from these vendors?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The kit RPI has that is painted to match ZR stage 2 is about $1300 for front and sides... I'm leaning that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm having the skirts and splitter installed. I think they look great and are functional.

MKZDRM
by which vendor and how much?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
West Coast Corvette in Anaheim, CA. Check their website. I'm not sure what the labor cost will be yet, but for almost $3800 worth of carbon fiber I'll let them do it. I've always had quality service from West Coast.

MKZDRM
wow, $3,800 what are all you getting done? When I asked what vendor I meant is it Lashway or LG or ? I wonder if LG is all carbon and that's why it is so much more expensive?

·
Registered
699 Posts
wow, $3,800 what are all you getting done? When I asked what vendor I meant is it Lashway or LG or ? I wonder if LG is all carbon and that's why it is so much more expensive?
Going with LG. They are 100% carbon fiber. The skirts are $1745 and the splitter is $1500+. Add wonderful California tax and it starts looking close to $3900 to $4000 when done, after labor. I really compared the finish on several different suppliers and found LG to have the design and finish I'm wanting. Pricy, yes. But this is absolutely what I'm looking for. May not be for everyone. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Michael

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Going with LG. They are 100% carbon fiber. The skirts are $1745 and the splitter is $1500+. Add wonderful California tax and it starts looking close to $3900 to $4000 when done, after labor. I really compared the finish on several different suppliers and found LG to have the design and finish I'm wanting. Pricy, yes. But this is absolutely what I'm looking for. May not be for everyone. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Michael
If you have plan to go to Cars and Coffee in Irvine after you get it done pm me and I would like to see your car, meet you and check out the carbon.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you have plan to go to Cars and Coffee in Irvine after you get it done pm me and I would like to see your car, meet you and check out the carbon.:rolleyes:
You bet. We take delivery at NCM on 4 /28. Having the carbon fiber installed on 5/10. Heck I live probably just a couple miles from you.

Michael

·
Registered
699 Posts
As far as I can tell the skirts look the same from both. Can anyone speak to the 500 dollar difference?
Both are great. I think it's a personal choice. After pulling the digital photos up so I could inspect them both closely I chose LG. I just feel the LG trim will best compliment my CF dash and also improve ground effects. LG also won the 2013 SEMA best C7 accessories with their skirts and splitter. That probably pushed up the price. That is not to say Lashaway wouldn't do the same regarding ground effects. This is just the direction I'm going. And after spending $82000 on my C7, I don't mind the extra $500 if I really like what I'm getting. :cool:

Michael

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Looks great, I see the price range on this is $1,745 and Lashway motorsports has a C7 Aero kit which bundles the sideskirts with a front splitter for $1,499 so I am trying to figure out which vendor to purchase a set of these from? obviously Lashway seems like more economical but I also believe in you get what you pay for. Please advise in this matter if you are able? or anyone here in the forum that has bought from these vendors?
I looked at the same issue. The LG Motorsports real carbon fiber side skirts, that won a SEMA award, are contoured to match the C7 body shape at the rear. See pic. The front sits under the GM splash guards. I also asked the vendor, Southern Car Parts and they indicated the LG products are top notch. Check there site, there is a discount coupon and free freight. Fit and finish are great. They match the quality of my exposed carbon fiber roof.
CF_SS_Close-Up.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts