Stingray Corvette Forum banner

How was this video ?

• I own a C2 and just found my next car. : )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too Much Growl For Me : (

Votes: 0 0.0%

Install of Billy Boat Bullet on C7 Standard Automatic.

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  greggshere 
#1 ·
I purchased the new Billy Boat Bullet axle back system for my C7 in hopes of adding a little more growl that I feel the car deserves :rolleyes: I usually like to do mods myself but without a lift in my garage, I decided to take it to a near by dealer I had a previous positive experience with and ask them for help. They did, and the resulting video shows you just what's involved. *Note, the car did through a code about a day after (stuck gate) but after a little tap, on the valve area, the code cleared all seems good.

Impressions:
Build quality and fit of the BB Bullet system is outstanding and first class.
Instructions are solid, but I like to see it first hand too... which is why I made this video.
AFTER the fact, I certainly feel I created a bit of a monster, perhaps even a little too much sound for my taste. BUT, if you want a nasty sounding car, this set is for you. VERY SMOOTH tones with no crackles on deceleration at all. :cool:

Needless to say, the shop folks went nuts with the sound and are going to start offering it for folks who buy from them. IF perhaps Billy Boat will send me a PRT system, we'll install that and do the same kind of video. STAY TUNED!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for posting the video Jim! Nice sound.

#7 ·
Ha! Depends on what kind of driving I'm doing for the crackles. Don't want to sound like a piped up Subaru on my commute to the office. ; ) As far as weight goes, I would say the new pipes are a little lighter....however because the piping in 4" all the way back and the materials used feel more significant than the originals, it's probably only a 1lb or two. They really fill the back facia nicely.

#9 ·
I agree, it sounds great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.