Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Administrator
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It has a 50,000 pound rolling rating. I can only report on when I used a single large crow bar to leverage up a fully loaded 48" double drawer filing cabinet and the crow bar left absolutely no mark or indent at all from all of that weight.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It has a 50,000 pound rolling rating. I can only report on when I used a single large crow bar to leverage up a fully loaded 48" double drawer filing cabinet and the crow bar left absolutely no mark or indent at all from all of that weight.
but that probably weights 200 lbs, there must be some forum members here who have this floor and used a jack? please post your thoughts

·
Banned
77 Posts
but that probably weights 200 lbs, there must be some forum members here who have this floor and used a jack? please post your thoughts

I had a H1 Hummer on a jack stand for over a week and no damage on RubberFloor version of tile. After taking up the jack stand i could see a impression from all 4 corners of the jack stand. but later couldn't find the marks again. Tile rebounded after a little bit. I didn't pickup the truck with a floor jack (used a lift), but the jack stands are a much sharper edge then wheels on a floor jack.

·
Administrator
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You are correct that it was in the couple hundred pound category but when I raised it up most of that weight was concentrated on about a 1 1/2 inch by 1/2 area of the contact point between the crow bar and RaceDeck tile. I also used my rolling floor jack to lift up my golf cart to put it on stands, but again not a car. No marks left from the jacks casters. But hopefully some of our members who have used a jack with RaceDeck will respond.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
It's a non issue. I have used a floor jack and my brother builds hot rods and has it in his garage also. He has used floor jacks and jack stands. Heavy stuff like 60's model suburbans etc.

·
Administrator
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well done MASTRO! Looks sharp :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Styling now! Sharp

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Do they have yellow so it matches my car?

·
Administrator
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Do they have yellow so it matches my car?
See my pictures in post #1 for the yellow RaceDeck I have in my garages. Should be pretty close to what you need.:cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
MASTRO, welcome aboard, your garage looks outstanding!!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Awesome job Maestro! Your floor is almost as beautiful as your car.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen a basement Bilco door inside a garage! Interesting!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thinking of doing a RaceDeck project in our 3 car garage - similar to this one I found on the interwebs. Any additional words of wisdom before I pull the trigger? Thanks, Mike

Attachments

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,213 Posts
Good luck with the project. I'm sure it will look great.

·
Administrator
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thinking of doing a RaceDeck project in our 3 car garage - similar to this one I found on the interwebs. Any additional words of wisdom before I pull the trigger? Thanks, Mike
See post #1 on this thread.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts