Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2014 and want to replace the engine insulator, bought the part, but looks more difficult than thought...thank you google???

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Do you mean the insulation pad under the good?

I've never done it, but my understanding is you just need to pull out the plastic "rivets" around the edge of the pad using a trim tool. Something like this from Amazon:

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,735 Posts
@lesliecavottimcewen - I think you might be using the wrong terminology "engine insulator" and we think you might mean "engine hood liner" which is the picture below. If this picture is not what you are referencing then if can you post a picture we might be better able to assist you?

Hair Human body Sleeve Font Headgear

I have 2014 and want to replace the engine insulator, bought the part, but looks more difficult than thought...thank you google???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry I am late to the party. This is a fairly simple process that can be made a lot easier if you buy the tools for removing the connecting button about $30 on Amazon. Also buy new buttons. The old ones can generally be reused but if they come loose under the hood you will might find out the hard way.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,735 Posts
There are lots of options but here’s mine. Bolt on metal Corvette C7 Flag, Metal Screw head covers and Stingray Emblem same as used on the front fender.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2015 Z51 7M
214 Posts
Late but for others it is easy, however, you need to be patient and careful removing the plastic rivets or you will tear the hood liner. A set of trim tools is less than $10 on Amazon. Need to remove the inside section of the hood vent. Just the inside piece. 2 T16 screws then gently pull with your hands. I replaced the OEM plastic rivets with longer stems and larger diameter heads. Looks better, holds tighter and covers any minor damage to the liner holes. Photos are out of order but you’ll figure the sequence out.
Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Sleeve Headgear Automotive design Emblem

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts