Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all need to check with our insurance company before we buy a Z06. Just checked with mine, "a biggie," (whom I will not publicly name), and they will be evaluating every new Z06 insurance policy request on a case by case basis, even if you already have an automotive policy with that company. Can't hurt to ask up-front in this case. Those with a questionable event(s) should be very diligent in doing this. I checked; I passed, and was/am amazed how very, very low my rate range will be (company is only giving a rate range at this time, as they too do not know whether we are talking 625 or 650 HP, etc.).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
We all need to check with our insurance company before we buy a Z06. Just checked with mine, "a biggie," (whom I will not publicly name), and they will be evaluating every new Z06 insurance policy request on a case by case basis, even if you already have an automotive policy with that company. Can't hurt to ask up-front in this case. Those with a questionable event(s) should be very diligent in doing this. I checked; I passed, and was/am amazed how very, very low my rate range will be (company is only giving a rate range at this time, as they too do not know whether we are talking 625 or 650 HP, etc.).
Ummmm, this never really entered my mind. Been with the same insurance company since 1968 with no accidents or tickets for years. Only paying around $400. a year for the Cobra, but that very limited use. Less than 5K miles per year.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My company didn't worry at all about the measly 460 HP Stingray :)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Out of curiosity, I went to the Geico website, but of course they don't list the 2015 Corvettes (yet), let alone the C7 Z06. So, I selected a "similar" luxury sports car for a premium quote, from the various vehicle options available to me.

I chose the Aston Martin Vanquish (MSRP: From $279,995). It doesn't have the performance of the Z06, but it makes for an interesting comparison. MotorTrend 2014 Vanquish First Test

I received an email from Geico a few minutes later:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx(aka Mobius):

We received your quote request to add the 2014 Aston Martin to your policy and will be happy to assist you.

Your current premium is $577.32. If you complete the change, your new premium would be $1,322.60. The actual premium may differ from the quoted premium based on the information you provide and effective date of the change.

If you decide to make this change, simply log in to your policy at service.geico.com and go to the Quote section under the Policy tab to finalize your changes. If the Quote section is unavailable, you can add your vehicle in the Vehicle section.

Thank you for using our online services. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your insurance needs for years to come.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BTW - the current 6-month premium covers 5 cars (3 Hondas and two Corvettes, the '68 is insured separately)

**sigh** If only I'd known how affordable the Aston Martin would be to own... it even has a backseat...
Aston_Martin_Vanquish-021.jpg

Go Geico!

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have to go with a "special" insurer for my cars costing over $150,000 and I pay a lot more than than your quote for the AM. Back seats must make a BIG difference — or maybe you reside in just that cheap of an area. My Stingray was reasonable compared to my other sports cars.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I have to go with a "special" insurer for my cars costing over $150,000 and I pay a lot more than than your quote for the AM. Back seats must make a BIG difference — or maybe you reside in just that cheap of an area. My Stingray was reasonable compared to my other sports cars.
Prior to moving all vehicles to Geico, I was with Farmer's Insurance for almost 20 years. They began seriously increasing my rates about 2 years ago. The final straw was when they asked for over $400 to insure a 2005 Civic (just the one car) for 6 months. I pay around $120 on the Civic now, with the same level of coverage.

Clearly, Geico fully appreciates my good driving skills. :cool:

Reactions: Raydor

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the other extreme of your driving record, will a 25 year old, one DUII, living in a questionable area, having two speeding tickets, would that hypothetical Z06 owner be able to insure it at any price?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
At the other extreme of your driving record, will a 25 year old, one DUII, living in a questionable area, having two speeding tickets, would that hypothetical Z06 owner be able to insure it at any price?
Thanks for opening up to us John, but that's more than we needed to know about you. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there are lots of insurers who deal with high risk drivers (so insurance would be available), it's just very expensive.

Reactions: smajicek

·
Registered
817 Posts
Man, I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Erie Insurance here in PA is one of the most reliable, low cost and home grown you can find. My daughter who is 33 yr. old never had an accident or ticket and that's a first for Erie. She received a Pioneer rating and her rates are like mine and I have been driving for 50 years. She bought a new Challenger 392 and has a Merc both insured for $1300 yr at max coverage. I never needed to place a claim but when a truck hit my kids car and he had Erie the claim was settled in 3 days. Windshield replacement is just a phone call to a third party and they give you next day service.

·
Registered
391 Posts
On my C7 USAA is insuring it for $540 A year.If the Z06 is only 10% more well then maybe A year or so I will sell this one and go for the Z06.I mean this 455 puts me back in the seat.I imagine 625-650 will put me thru the seat,lol.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am informed me my insurer has your following recommendations:
$ 825 / year provided the 2 sides collision, fire, theft, vandalism, $ 1,000 deductible per occurrence, impossible to new value warranty coverage is suspended if you do track.

If you storage ritual winter time collision is suspended and theft and fire and remains for 6 months prime is cut to $ 500 / year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts