Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of aftermarket cold air intake do you have installed on your C7? I'm might go with the AFE momentum CAI.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
None.

·
Banned
631 Posts
The C7 comes with an excellent true cold air intake from the factory. The improvement lies in replacing the air bridge between the air box and the throttle body. With all its baffles and silencers and oil collection sumps the flow through this portion of the OEM bridge is very turbulent and not very efficient. So that is the area I see the most potential for gains.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The C7 comes with an excellent true cold air intake from the factory. The improvement lies in replacing the air bridge between the air box and the throttle body. With all its baffles and silencers and oil collection sumps the flow through this portion of the OEM bridge is very turbulent and not very efficient. So that is the area I see the most potential for gains.
Yes sir!!!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I'm running my stock system with over 5000 miles and still running like a champ. I'm also waiting to see what may be developed by different company's, then I might run some aftermarket performance items.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
159 Posts
Two questions:

1. Does adding the green or blue filter result in any significant increase in throttle response, horse power/torque, or sound?

2. Does anyone offer or contemplating an aftermarket air bridge (tube) between the air box and the throttle body to improve on the factory air system?

I believe there would be a market for such a an item and we all know if it is made of or looks like carbon-fiber it will sell...

·
Registered
54 Posts
AFE + Diablo AFE Tune.......A great combination. Very nice improvements all around..

·
Registered
95 Posts
In general you're better off saving your money and doing larger mods than dinking away small incremental bolt-ons. Your butt-dyno will tell you it made a huge difference though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts