Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work yesterday morning.... On a four lane road going north bound with a median separating the south bound 4 lanes. I'm in the second to left lane. A gt 500 approached me and gives me a cocky look... I think about it for a minute and consider that's it's 49 degrees, I probably won't get any traction, it's 8 am and I haven't had my coffee as well lol. I can tell this 40 year old guy really wants to race me but I continue to ignore. He's in the lane next to the median. He down shifts to first at about 40 mph and I immediately brake to keep my distance and sure enough he loses it. His back end is all over the place and he isn't letting off. He flies up on the median which is like a little hill and flies back down in front of me. At this point his front bumper is ready to fall off. Once he gets back into his lane he floors it again and clips a car coming out of the center Michigan u turn lane and hits their front bumper. Thankfully everyone was ok and I started braking to keep my distance and I went untouched. Sometimes you just gotta let your ego go. Times like this I wish I had a camera running at all times.

·
18,670 Posts
Glad "Nickoloso" that you weren't involved in any way. Good for you to ignore the public challenge. Especially that you and your StingRay are just fine.

Everyone, please note, that every thread or post about street challenges, street racing, or similar activities on public streets will be removed from our forum.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Driving to work yesterday morning.... On a four lane road going north bound with a median separating the south bound 4 lanes. I'm in the second to left lane. A gt 500 approached me and gives me a cocky look... I think about it for a minute and consider that's it's 49 degrees, I probably won't get any traction, it's 8 am and I haven't had my coffee as well lol. I can tell this 40 year old guy really wants to race me but I continue to ignore. He's in the lane next to the median. He down shifts to first at about 40 mph and I immediately brake to keep my distance and sure enough he loses it. His back end is all over the place and he isn't letting off. He flies up on the median which is like a little hill and flies back down in front of me. At this point his front bumper is ready to fall off. Once he gets back into his lane he floors it again and clips a car coming out of the center Michigan u turn lane and hits their front bumper. Thankfully everyone was ok and I started braking to keep my distance and I went untouched. Sometimes you just gotta let your ego go. Times like this I wish I had a camera running at all times.
So pleased you and your vehicle were not involved in any manner! It would great if we all could remember to not take the bate and end up using our Stingrays inappropriately on public roads.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Difference between class and stupidity. It happens all to many times in this amazing car you can actually see them in your rear view weaving to get up to you pisses them off when I wave

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good job on avoiding the stupidity.

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
765 Posts
So pleased you and your vehicle were not involved in any manner! It would great if we all could remember to not take the bate and end up using our Stingrays inappropriately on public roads.
I'll remember this at all times, my hot lap in the C7 yesterday showed me that this beast needs to be treated with respect! It's not a toy to be used to boost ones ego. It's a powerful and precision machine that needs to be driven responsibly. Apparently that mustang driver never learned this valuable lesson.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely. I felt real bad for the guy but very poor choice on his part. The nice thing about our car is we have nothing to prove. I know the capabilities and how to enjoy it the right way.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good Job not getting into it.....Besides a GT500 is faster anyway....:cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Absolutely. I felt real bad for the guy but very poor choice on his part. The nice thing about our car is we have nothing to prove. I know the capabilities and how to enjoy it the right way.
Yep, nothing to prove. This is what i tell to everybody that wants to race: let's go on the race track and see who does the fastest lap. Not sure the gt500 would be faster then!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Job not getting into it.....Besides a GT500 is faster anyway....:cool:
I put a hurting on one on two back to back passes at the drag strip a couple weeks ago lol. He also had intake and a tune. Reeled him in at about 70 and put a good car length or two by the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, nothing to prove. This is what i tell to everybody that wants to race: let's go on the race track and see who does the fastest lap. Not sure the gt500 would be faster then!
I'll take my C7 over a Shelby any day of the week. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang, no PDR video.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein

·
Registered
579 Posts
I put a hurting on one on two back to back passes at the drag strip a couple weeks ago lol. He also had intake and a tune. Reeled him in at about 70 and put a good car length or two by the 1/4 mile.
GT500 driver must have been letting off or a terrible driver.
Off the line the Vette stays ahead till 40ish after that GT500 wins in a drag, Give the GT500 stickys and bye bye C7 off the line.
The Z06 is the Car to beat it with.
Watch this Year old video :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts