Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a couple blemishes on the inside of my door panel. Tried a standard flat black paint pen. It's better but not perfect.

Does anyone have any paint information for these panels? It's the same tint as the inside of the hatch.

Thanks in advance. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1439943296.642986.jpg

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm pretty sure those trim pieces on the doors are not painted, just black plastic with a matte texture. Try using an automotive interior cleaning product (not ArmourAll!) and a microfiber cloth. Gently rub the spot and see if it comes off. If not, see if your dealer will replace it under warranty. Mine replaced the console pop-up power port for a similar problem.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Just touch the blemishes with a black sharpie marker, your eye will never catch them

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Just touch the blemishes with a black sharpie marker, your eye will never catch them
Exactly. I've used a sharpie pen for years on small interior blemishes. After the touch up, I lightly run my thumb over the spot to blend it in.

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exactly. I've used a sharpie pen for years on small interior blemishes. After the touch up, I lightly run my thumb over the spot to blend it in.
I used rustoleum semi gloss and it matches great. I sprayed some in the lid and used a small paint brush. Looks great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts