Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my "gift" from the Chevrolet team yesterday (Thursday), the day after I received word that GM is going to buy back my Stingray under the California Lemon Law. Full refund, including every car payment I have made and waiving depreciation for mileage and the time I have had it (2 months). They also pay the lawyer fees and my attorneys are waiving any fee for me (IE: they are charging me NOTHING). This stems from the oil leak that arose one week after purchase with less than 500 miles and the antics of the incompetent service department at MOUNTAIN VIEW CHEVROLET in Upland CA. Anybody in Southern California thinking of buying a Corvette at MOUNTAIN VIEW CHEVROLET........AVOID them like the Plague!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Received my "gift" from the Chevrolet team yesterday (Thursday), the day after I received word that GM is going to buy back my Stingray under the California Lemon Law. Full refund, including every car payment I have made and waiving depreciation for mileage and the time I have had it (2 months). They also pay the lawyer fees and my attorneys are waiving any fee for me (IE: they are charging me NOTHING). This stems from the oil leak that arose one week after purchase with less than 500 miles and the antics of the incompetent service department at MOUNTAIN VIEW CHEVROLET in Upland CA. Anybody in Southern California thinking of buying a Corvette at MOUNTAIN VIEW CHEVROLET........AVOID them like the Plague!

Are you getting a replacement car?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to here are you getting a new one?

CPL Mo USMC Vet
Very good chance I will order a 2015, with hopefully most of the issues worked out. The Stingray is the ONLY car I would give a second chance to after MOUNTAIN VIEW CHEVROLET in Upland CA made this the worst car buying experience of my life! In fact, they STILL have my flawless Camaro I traded in for 27K credit. I called and they said their bottom line is 28.9K to repurchase.......what a bunch of CROOKS....it is why I HATE car salesmen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
they STILL have my flawless Camaro I traded in for 27K credit. I called and they said their bottom line is 28.9K to repurchase.......what a bunch of CROOKS....it is why I HATE car salesmen.
I like that you made a point to say you hate "car salesman" vs salesman in general : ) some car sales guys are good but few and far between. Had this one idiot near me...first time I'm sitting in the new vette and my head is touching roof. I asked the rep if we could turn the battery on so I can see if seat moves down further. He said "I can't do that, they don't like battery going on" What a puppet...It's funny how the service department hates the sales department. A nice siloed dealership. Good luck with your next stingray.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nope, just a full refund....for EVERYTHING I have spent on the car
Very Strange you dont want a new Corvette. I have had 6 the 2015 being my 7. All other cars are just that Cars.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Strange you dont want a new Corvette. I have had 6 the 2015 being my 7. All other cars are just that Cars.
I thought you meant a "replacement" car, as in just giving me another in return. 99% sure I will have a 2015 Stingray in the garage early next year or sooner. You probably didn't know I had been at 1100 over 6 weeks due to a dealer lying about allocation and then bought this one spur of the moment. I will wait out my "special" order this time and would probably use Mac Mulkin in New Hampshire and have a Courtesy delivery to CA. Love that Brownstone interior but my wife made "that face" when she knew I loved the Crystal Red Tintcoat. I think I will look at a Shark Gray in person and then make a final decision.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Very good chance I will order a 2015, with hopefully most of the issues worked out. The Stingray is the ONLY car I would give a second chance to after MOUNTAIN VIEW CHEVROLET in Upland CA made this the worst car buying experience of my life! In fact, they STILL have my flawless Camaro I traded in for 27K credit. I called and they said their bottom line is 28.9K to repurchase.......what a bunch of CROOKS....it is why I HATE car salesmen.
I wish you lots of fun with your 2015 and hope that it will not have any problems?

Reactions: Ret9580

·
Registered
533 Posts
I thought you meant a "replacement" car, as in just giving me another in return. 99% sure I will have a 2015 Stingray in the garage early next year or sooner. You probably didn't know I had been at 1100 over 6 weeks due to a dealer lying about allocation and then bought this one spur of the moment. I will wait out my "special" order this time and would probably use Mac Mulkin in New Hampshire and have a Courtesy delivery to CA. Love that Brownstone interior but my wife made "that face" when she knew I loved the Crystal Red Tintcoat. I think I will look at a Shark Gray in person and then make a final decision.
If you where closer to KY would give you a great dealer. Great servive and pricing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats on receiving your gift! Some of us are still waiting! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
or you can buy mine! ^.^ haha kidding, but when you do order through Macmulkin, make sure they dont deliver to Montebello. Thats what i did and instead of paying $300 for the courtesy delivery it was $500 once i got to their office. $500 just to do paperwork is Fing rediculous!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
or you can buy mine! ^.^ haha kidding, but when you do order through Macmulkin, make sure they dont deliver to Montebello. Thats what i did and instead of paying $300 for the courtesy delivery it was $500 once i got to their office. $500 just to do paperwork is Fing rediculous!
I'm in a quandary here, Mountain View Lied 4 times, Rotolo in Fontana lied about allocation and Moss in Moreno Valley refused warranty work because I didn't buy it from them.......and all three of these Richard Craniums try and sell for 5-10K OVER MSRP. Tempted to just leave it registered in New Hampshire.

Reactions: akpancake

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive come to learn that most (if not all) dealerships are a PIA to work with. They mix up their facts constantly, and hardly ever stick to what they agree with unless its in writing. From experience I can say stay away from montebello, glendora, and mountain view. I used sierra chevy once for an oil change and they broke my splitter, however they did replace it for me so i guess no harm done there. Sierra had a few z51 3lt's on the lot a while back and were selling them at MSRP, so you might want to check with them if you wannt one right away.

If you do go the route of out of state, Macmulkin was extremely helpful in gettimg mine, but i remember reading not too long ago that Kerbeck had plenty of Z51's on their lot and were giving 1000 off msrp

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm in a quandary here, Mountain View Lied 4 times, Rotolo in Fontana lied about allocation and Moss in Moreno Valley refused warranty work because I didn't buy it from them.......and all three of these Richard Craniums try and sell for 5-10K OVER MSRP. Tempted to just leave it registered in New Hampshire.
Ret9580,
I just received a courtesy delivery from MacMulkin to Dellilo Chev. in Huntington Beach. No problems whatsoever. Call them and ask for Hollywood. PM me if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ret9580,
I just received a courtesy delivery from MacMulkin to Dellilo Chev. in Huntington Beach. No problems whatsoever. Call them and ask for Hollywood. PM me if you have any more questions.
Yeah, I had some emails with Tommy Jr while I was trying to sell my Camaro and Rotolo was jerking me around with the allocation

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts