Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My salesman emailed me on 23 November saying they had open allocations. I jumped at the opportunity and placed my order. Now, a month later, as I look up my Order #RMFQQG on the Chevy site, it reads: "

Congratulations on placing an order for your new Chevrolet. Your dealer has received an order number from Chevrolet. Once your dealer has an available production slot, your order will be scheduled for production. You can sign back in at any time to see your vehicle’s progress or click on the accessories area below to further make this vehicle your very own."

My question is - Did my salesman speak with forked tongue in saying he had open allocations? Is "an available production slot" the same thing as an allocation? Should I rely on the prediction that my C7 will be at the dealership sometime in March or would I be wise to look for another dealer?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
So far Chevy does not know you.....you are not accepted by chev......a call is in order to your sales guy.....ask "AM I AT. STATUS 2000????"

Further find Kelly here in cust service and ask her what code that order no is at.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the latter Glen - Kelly says I'm at the very bottom (1100). Methinks my salesman pulled a slick one. They haven't taken the deposit yet but I did sign a few things back in late November. I saw a C7 that Conti had on order with almost the exact specs I'm looking for (except no transparent roof) but so far he has not returned my emails or phone calls. Hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had the same message for a month now as well, you aren't alone. Dealer told me he had four allocations, however, I am number 4. He said that Chevy will produce one Z51 a month for them.

·
18,670 Posts
Clarkster, sent you a PM with great option.

And yes an "allocation" will become a status code 2000 (order acceptance), which will become your StingRay.

·
Registered
162 Posts

And yes an "allocation" will become a status code 2000 (order acceptance), which will become your StingRay.
elegant, could you forward me the same message please? I am in the same situation as clarkster. Thank you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks, John! I'm calling my salesman now to put his feet to the fire. If he can't show me documentation that I'm at 2000, I'll go with another Dealer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Quick update - Rick Conti finally got in touch with me (it took a while but he's a VERY busy man) and I'm happy to say I have ordered my C7 through him. Rick's a stand-up guy - a real straight-shooter - and knows the Corvette business like the back of his hand. I'm more than confident my C7 will be welcoming me with open arms in early March when I return stateside. Absolutely no doubt about it. What a huge stress relief! Thanks again, Rick, John, Glen, et.al, for your answers and advice! Oh, and did I mention that I'm getting my C7 at $2k BELOW MSRP? :cool:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quick update - Rick Conti finally got in touch with me (it took a while but he's a VERY busy man) and I'm happy to say I have ordered my C7 through him. Rick's a stand-up guy - a real straight-shooter - and knows the Corvette business like the back of his hand. I'm more than confident my C7 will be welcoming me with open arms in early March when I return stateside. Absolutely no doubt about it. What a huge stress relief! Thanks again, Rick, John, Glen, et.al, for your answers and advice! Oh, and did I mention that I'm getting my C7 at $2k BELOW MSRP? :cool:
I've purchased multiple cars through Rick over the 7+ years I've known him - always been exactly as you described - very busy, knows the business, no BS….Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've purchased multiple cars through Rick over the 7+ years I've known him - always been exactly as you described - very busy, knows the business, no BS….Congrats on your purchase!
I'll be sure to tell him you said hi. Thanks for the confirmation!

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Congratulations Clarkster- a bit of an ordeal but it sounds like you are getting it at a great deal from a reliable dealer! :cool:

Reactions: Clarkster
1 - 12 of 12 Posts