Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the other forum as well: Just curious if it is the same system; I assume it is or is at least similar. I am reading a lot of negative press from all car mags, Consumer Reports, etc. that the Cadillac CUE system is terrible. If it is the same, how do folks feel about its operation? (Other than the software glitches that have been reported here). I have never used either and I am a fan of BMW's iDrive system and controller but even that is not everyone's cup of tea, and I am not too keen on touch screens. Getting a sense of how people feel about things they will use a lot is part of my research. - Bob

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
No it is not the same but similar...c7 uses the CUE hotline for help....I teach for BMW corporate and run a class for their I drive, the my link system is just as stout and formidable as any system out there currently.

·
Administrator
16,308 Posts
No it is not the same but there are similarities. I own a 2013 Cadillac XTS as well as RedHot. CUE experienced a number of start up software glitches that were for the most part corrected within the first few months of its debut (my XTS was one of the first custom ordered Platinum series, so it was a very early production model). Many of the CUE issues are non-existent on the Stingray, such as lack of screen sensitivity to input, input lag, the equivalent of the dreaded MS blue screen, etc. But again most of these were fixed with a couple of software upgrades. Caddy has far fewer knobs so CUE required more screen touch input than the C7. It also has proximity sensors so it 'knows' whether the driver or passenger is reaching for the CUE screen and it responds differently. To some degree this added complexity contributed to early problems. I also think that since CUE was such a change from what was out there at the time that many were just not ready for it. At this point, both systems have their unique advantages but there was a reasonable transfer of familiarity when I went from the CUE to the Stingray. :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No it is not the same but similar...c7 uses the CUE hotline for help....I teach for BMW corporate and run a class for their I drive, the my link system is just as stout and formidable as any system out there currently.
Thanks Glen. Actually, as my retirement job for the last five years or so I have been selling BMWs and MINIs at a dealership here (Knauz), although I will be fully retiring shortly. Have also owned about 8 or 9 BMWs over my lifetime and have two now. Plus the old Z. Thanks also to jsvette. Good to hear about the My Link system being a good one, early software issue notwithstanding. --Bob

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Thanks Glen. Actually, as my retirement job for the last five years or so I have been selling BMWs and MINIs at a dealership here (Knauz), although I will be fully retiring shortly. Have also owned about 8 or 9 BMWs over my lifetime and have two now. Plus the old Z. Thanks also to jsvette. Good to hear about the My Link system being a good one, early software issue notwithstanding. --Bob
No prob bob, you've prob been in one on my CSA classes...did a lot of training in chi in 14...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts