Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here... But I wanted advice to see if this is a good deal. The dealer said $52K with taxes out the door and won't go lower. I've been shopping around. I definitely want the red interior, 2LT or 3LT, front facing cameras and android auto play. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If its got all the bells and whistles you want and you've actually touched/driven it and all seems well, just depends on how bad you want it. Did he come off his 48,988 to get you to 52 after taxes? I think anytime you get a seller to budge off asking price is a win.

I can't tell you if its a good deal cause I would rather different color combos, and a Z51 manual. But I have been looking constantly for a while and the price doesn't seem bad. I have seen lower but they're always too far away.

Reactions: usmcv

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,555 Posts
When it come to used vehicles, you have to take what's out there if you want it. For a 5 year old model, non Z/GS, I think the price could be lowered a few K, but it's not outrageous.
Life's too short, make the best of it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If its got all the bells and whistles you want and you've actually touched/driven it and all seems well, just depends on how bad you want it. Did he come off his 48,988 to get you to 52 after taxes? I think anytime you get a seller to budge off asking price is a win.

I can't tell you if its a good deal cause I would rather different color combos, and a Z51 manual. But I have been looking constantly for a while and the price doesn't seem bad. I have seen lower but they're always too far away.
Thanks for your input. Have not driven it as of yet.. Did not budge off the $48,988.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
847 Posts
I think I mentioned in your original thread that you were searching and I noted that in spite of the introduction of the C8 that the C7's have held their own in terms retaining their value. That said, 10k miles is essentially a brand new car and if you compare that to those with 30k+ plus miles you might look at it differently.

Also, look at Kelly Blue Book and you can get a ballpark of what they paid on a trade and you will likely see a nice margin from what they paid the previous owner and what they are selling it for.

It appears that this car is a Base 2LT Stingray vs Stingray Z51 and Kelly Blue Book suggest in Excellent condition the dealer would have offered 41k-45k on a trade to give you an ideal of their potential margins 41k-45k trade vs retail of 50k. Also, below is the private owner sell price of 43k - 45k..

When searching know what your mandatory check marks are and if they are there then go for it as the pool of your specific criteria will be small so you don't want to keep missing out and then saying I would've, could've and should've.

I am wired that if you are inflexible with your pricing to me as a buyer then I move on as I am not going to pay significantly higher then I should. I am a patient person and will wait it out for the right price and car but that's just me. Sometimes patience leads to the perfect car but also know prices go up further in the summers.......

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I mentioned in your original thread that you were searching and I noted that in spite of the introduction of the C8 that the C7's have held their own in terms retaining their value. That said, 10k miles is essentially a brand new car and it you compare that to those with 30k+ plus miles you might look at it differently.

Also, look at Kelly Blue Book and you can get a ballpark they paid on a trade and you will likely see a nice margin from what they paid the previous owner and what they are selling it for.

It appears that this car is a Base 2LT Stingray vs Stingray Z51 and Kelly Blue Book suggest in Excellent condition the dealer would have offered 41k-45k on a trade to give you an ideal of their potential margins 41k-45k trade vs retail of 50k. Also, below is the private owner sell price of 43k - 45k..

When searching know what your mandatory check marks are and if they are there then go for it as the pool of your specific criteria will be small so you don't want to keep missing out and then saying I should've. I am wired that if you are inflexible then I move on as I am not going to pay significantly higher then I should and will wait it out but that's just me and sometimes patience leads to the perfect car but also know prices go up further in the summers.......

View attachment 279374 View attachment 279375 View attachment 279376
Mr. Kyle, once again, you are the man! Thank you for the education. What you say makes perfect sense. So why would they charge $1000 more for a non-Z51 compared to the gray one? What are the main differences? Doing research and reading up now. I appreciate your input!

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
847 Posts
Red, Black and White are the top sellers and represent 51% of corvettes sold so a used Red will cost more than a Gray. Gray is a car color that has a much smaller pool of buyers so they will sell a red, black or white much easier, faster and for more money than gray so therefore they price them accordingly. Supply and Demand 101.

Oh, my brother just purchased a used AMG Mercedes SL550 hardtop convertible 2 weeks ago and he was deciding between two cars. The white one had 42k miles on it and there was a gray one that had 30k miles and they were priced $1000 difference. He bought the white one as he thought it looked so much better and would have a better resell if he decided to sell later and he knew he would be happier long-term.

For me, the exterior and interior color I want is first and foremost and everything else comes behind that!

C7 Corvette Production Breakdown: Exterior Colors

Mr. Kyle, once again, you are the man! Thank you for the education. What you say makes perfect sense. So why would they charge $1000 more for a non-Z51 compared to the gray one? What are the main differences? Doing research and reading up now. I appreciate your input!

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,555 Posts
I don't think dealers care about what used car has over/under another price-wise, their only concern is to sell it and get the most they can.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
C7s actually seem to have appreciated since the intro of the C8. Partly, I think, because the C8 has created a lot of interest in Corvettes, but no one can actually get a C8 unless they ordered a year ago. And partly because some buyers still want a front engine 'vette.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts