Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
It’s been a long 7 months of waiting but my new Z51 Stingray 8 speed is finally here!
The dealer sent me a few pictures today and I pick her up on Saturday.
I have decided on her name: Emily
Inspired by Emily Ratajkowski who is smoking hot.

IMAG0506.jpg IMAG0507.jpg IMAG0508.jpg IMAG0509.jpg

·
Registered
755 Posts
Congrats and it looks great. I like the Carbon Flash Badging. I have switched my 14 to the same. Cool look for sure.
Looks like your cars twin arrived at the same time eh? ie: pic #4.

Enjoy......

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Darkkaangel, congrats on your new C7 masterpiece, have you been driving down to the dealership to get eyes on? Have a blast wheeling your C7 around LA!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
292 Posts
SWEET, both Emily & Emily. Looks like she made the train trip without a scratch. Next to my torch red, this would have been my second color choice. Wait a minute, I'll just order a white one and and have two Vettes. Anyway plan on spending time talking to a lot of interested bystanders. Have fun and we'll be talking later. Phil

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looking nice! (Mine will be very similar when it's made.)

By the way looks like there's another one like yours in the background there...

The white-and-black Z51 is just such an epic look that even when I tried to talk myself out of it just to be "different", I couldn't.

Great car, great choices on everything, very awesome.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice choice and looks great, can't wait for mine, very similar.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why did you have to wait 7 months? Dealer allocation?
Allocation/constraints and the dealer wait list was long.
I strongly dislike (hate is a better word) the GM allocation system even though I understand they want to support the best selling dealers but it is seriously flawed.
The system keeps the top dealers at the top as people get frustrated that their local dealer can't get them a car which drives customers to the top guys plenty of evidence showing that happens and the local guys suffer as people are not patient as a general rule.
I was not going to support that so I waited for my local dealer to support them.
I was in line for a 2014 but got rolled over into 2015 which got me the PDR and the new 8 speed so patience paid off for me, no complaints.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Fabulous, Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I love it. Charlie aka cutnout

·
Registered
52 Posts
Allocation/constraints and the dealer wait list was long.
I think I was just ahead in the list ;) I picked up mine on Friday 9/12 after 8 months. You may have seen it on the parking lot. We could have drove back north together that week-end. Enjoy your rides in socal !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts