Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks for posting, I had never seen it before. Very cool!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
1953 Corvette Engine.....
1953 engine 2.jpg

And 70 years later a little more power....
2014-chevrolet-corvette-9_800x0w.jpg

·
Registered
755 Posts
That was fun. Thanks. I wonder where those actors are today? hmmmm.
When ever I see historic old videos I always wonder what ever happened to the people we see in the video. Is that weird? It's just curiosity and amazement I think.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dave was swooning over the '53 and we are still swooning over the '14. Kind of amazing, isn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
341 Posts
BTW: all those folks have probably passed, buy they got to drive Corvette.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
952 Posts
If I remember correctly, John Wayne owned one of the first couple off the line ( surprise..it was white with Red interior!)

Reactions: Senior Chief ret

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool video! :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
That was fun. Thanks. I wonder where those actors are today? hmmmm.
When ever I see historic old videos I always wonder what ever happened to the people we see in the video. Is that weird? It's just curiosity and amazement I think.
I do the same thing, so at least there are two of us.

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
What a fun video! Thanks for posting.:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
My dad with his ermine white1959 and 55 years later with my arctic white 2014!
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1403824086.733405.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Growing up in Milwaukee in the late 50's there were two brothers that lived on the same block that had a 57 "fuelie" vert. They would give us kids rides around the block. But one day after I had helped them "detailing" it I got an extended ride at speeds greater than posted city speeds. I never forgot that ride. The wind, sound and acceleration and looks on folks faces as we "cruised" on by was burned into my soul that day.

I'm now getting ready to buy my 7th Vette. I have a LRG 2LT ZF1 coupe on order, considering my age and military disability this is most likely my last Vette.

So with a TPW of 7/14 I'm getting anxious.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If I remember correctly, John Wayne owned one of the first couple off the line ( surprise..it was white with Red interior!)

GM purposefully sold the limited number of first year 'Vette's to high society types and movie stars. I have a book on the history of the 'Vette and it was GM's plan to get trend setters to be seen in the cars so some were given to big stars and others were marketed to directly to "assist" in their buying decisions. Even the C7 they like to be seen and identified with big stars driving the car, at the Indianapolis 500 this year it was Jim Harbaugh coach of the 49'ers driving it.

Love that pic of dad and his '59 and with the son's C7, very cool !!

·
18,670 Posts
And here is another video on the making of the earliest Corvettes. Good with popcorn, your favorite beverage and an easy chair..., an ole fashioned silent movie.

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
For extra credit old timers, who did the narrating? He was rather famous when I was a kid.
Its a silent movie, so maybe Casper the Ghost? ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts