Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! It's finally my TPW! I'm hoping everything is on track and there are no delays.

What was your guys experience? Were you built on the Monday of your TPW? The Tuesday? Is it reasonable to hope for a VIN by this Wednesday?

How many miles did you guys have on your car when you picked it up? (Not counting those of you that got it at the museum).

I'm assuming I would have less than 10 on pick up, but I don't want to unpleasantly surprised.

Last question, I'm in New Jersey and I think the car will travel by rail to here. Can anyone give a ballpark figure on when delivery might occur?

Thanks, can't wait to post pictures of her! :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I cannot answer the other questions, but mine had 6 miles on it when I picked it up from Rick "Corvette" Conti last October.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
usafjay1976, I had 8 miles on my C7 masterpiece when it was delivered to my front door from MacMulkin Chevrolet, NH

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Mine was picked up a Kerbeck in AC. I believe it came by truck not by rail. I had a TPW of 3/31 and took delivery 4/17.

I had 9 miles on mine when I took delivery.

Been smiling ever sense.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Mine had 24 miles. It was at status code 4D00 for about a week after production in BG so I'm pretty certain it went thru the extended QC process. I have had no probs with it @4,000 miles.

Mine traveled by truck to MD so yours may go by truck also. Just guessing.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Mine was built on the Friday of the TPW (our best guess), and had 5 miles on it when I picked it up.

Mine was delivered by truck in just under two weeks after being built (delivered one day before I picked it up).

I took a day of vacation when I picked it up, and drove all day long. :)

You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mine was built on Friday of my TPW. It was sent by truck from Kentucky to Ohio. By train from Ohio to California and then truck from the rail yard to the dealer. It had 10 miles on it when I took delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Mine had 3 miles when I picked it up at my courtesy delivered dealer. rest info is in my sig

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
05/02/2014 Birthday, had 3 miles when I picked it up. It's been a perfect car so far (2300 miles)
It was delivered to the dealer in Michigan 05/20/2014 and I picked it up on the 22nd

IMG_20140717_160306.jpg

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Mine was built on the Thursday of its TPW and had 3 miles on the odometer when delivered by the museum.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
456 Posts
Built on Wed.

3 miles, picked up at museum in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
217 Posts
Built on Monday and arrived in Houston 10 days later by rail with 11 miles following PDI. That was 4 days ago:p

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
392 Posts
1 in every 20 Corvettes coming off the assembly line are road tested and inspected for quality control.

These Corvettes usually end up in the customer's hands with 20+ miles on them.

So now you know where the miles came from on your Corvette if it has 20+ miles on it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I took a day of vacation when I picked it up, and drove all day long. :)

You're gonna love it.
I'm thinking this is a FABULOUS idea! I'm going to hold back one vacation day for this activity 'just in case' it is a weekday!

05/02/2014 Birthday, had 3 miles when I picked it up. It's been a perfect car so far (2300 miles)
It was delivered to the dealer in Michigan 05/20/2014 and I picked it up on the 22nd

View attachment 10312
I love this photo. One of these months you should submit it for the photo of the month. I'm thinking 'resting in the shade on a hot summer day'. :D

Reactions: regguy1 and Mobius

·
Registered
49 Posts
It had 4 miles before it was forever entrapped in the showroom. It was like watching one of those tile shift games trying to get it back outside again :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Built on Wednesday of my TPW and delivered 14 days later to MacMulkin, I took delivery in person a day later (met the corvette sales team, a great bunch of professionals). Drove it off the lot with 2 miles on the Odo, straight into a thunderstorm ;)

Boomah

·
Registered
66 Posts
We watched our Z51 C7 being built from 2/27 thru 2/28. After I started her for the first time (and installed my custom name plate in the console) I asked tech if my car could go thru the QC Audit.. They accepted it as 1 of 2 cars from the 160 cars built that day. I picked her up at the Museum on 3/19 and the OD had 29 miles. My car has been flawless and now have 3,500 joyous miles!

Driving to Birmingham Thursday to attend the Porche driving school at Barber Motor Speedway with my brother from Houston. I'll be there just to go thru class and ride with instructors ($125.00). My brother is doing the full 1 day event ($1,800.00) I plan on wearing my embroidered Stingray polo shirt!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine was built a few days early; the Wednesday before my TPW. I had a friend that works for GM check the system for me, I was surprised when he said it was already built.
5,800 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had about 26 mi too, NCM delivery. I was told it was very unusual for NCM delivered cars to have gone through the QA/QC road test process. I consider myself lucky!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Picked up my C7 last February with 6 miles on the odo. For many years buying new cars I have seen 4 to 10 miles on the odo at delivery. I have come to believe that the build and delivery process accounts for those miles. Opinion only. cutnout aka Charlie

1 - 20 of 41 Posts