Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say how nice it is that everybody posts here and stays very courteous. The other site that many people are going to, is just raging with negativity and in general, a PIA to post there. Last night somebody posted a 10 point list of things that he liked and disliked after seeing the car for the 1st time. Eight of the points were very positive, and two subjective points that he personally didn't like. He was immediately jumped by three other people that he had an agenda, that he was out to get the car, and that in general he had some type of motive tear down the car. It was ridiculous.I doubt that anyone is going to post their opinions of the car anymore, and so therefore the site will have no content at all.

So again congratulations to everybody, and I think as we get our cars we should post up everything and anything that we think other people might want to look out for, or might want to discuss. There are no wrong answers....I'm seeing the C7 for the first time Friday and will give you my impressions....

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like it here as well but for some darn reason I can't figure out how to start a thread.
Go to the first page of a topic such as "Stingray Corvette Discussions." You'll see "Post new thread", to the left of Camaro promo pix.

Reactions: NickJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just wanted to say how nice it is that everybody posts here and stays very courteous. The other site that many people are going to, is just raging with negativity and in general, a PIA to post there. Last night somebody posted a 10 point list of things that he liked and disliked after seeing the car for the 1st time. Eight of the points were very positive, and two subjective points that he personally didn't like. He was immediately jumped by three other people that he had an agenda, that he was out to get the car, and that in general he had some type of motive tear down the car. It was ridiculous.I doubt that anyone is going to post their opinions of the car anymore, and so therefore the site will have no content at all.

So again congratulations to everybody, and I think as we get our cars we should post up everything and anything that we think other people might want to look out for, or might want to discuss. There are no wrong answers....I'm seeing the C7 for the first time Friday and will give you my impressions....
We try to make sure this place is very friendly. Just because you don't love the car doesn't mean your opinion or points are invalid. We respect everyones opinion as long as they present it in a sane manner :)

Glad to have you as a member Glen.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thank you so much Glen! We certainly try to be good stewards of the performance community! The Stingray is a complete departure from the Corvette line in the views of some people, and is apparently quite polarizing.

If you have criticism of something, that does not invalidate your opinion. I image that if Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and design director Tom Peters had zero criticism of the Stingray, it would not be as incredible as it is.

·
Registered
429 Posts

Well said. I'm learning alot of things. Patience may rank among the top three!

·
18,670 Posts
We try to make sure this place is very friendly. Just because you don't love the car doesn't mean your opinion or points are invalid. We respect everyones opinion as long as they present it in a sane manner :)
Glad to have you as a member Glen.
Good points being made on this thread. Difference of opinion makes us all stronger, as long as no one is calling other folks names. There is a reason why we were taught about "constructive criticism." Calling someone an idiot, a moron, or worse as is tolerated elsewhere is not constructive, but destructive. Everyone going out of their way to help others, even for simple questions, is the norm here and why I call this place my forum home and "the friendly C7 forum."

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
it's ridiculous...say you go to get fitted for a new suit - the sales guy brings out a suit that you think the lapels are too narrow, and you state that....Imagine somebody out of the blue running up to you and saying "why do you say that - what's your agenda????

Forums are strange...then again, that 's why Jim Morrison wrote "people are strange" (dating myself) ...LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Glen E. I have been on the other forum (on and off) for more than 10 years and its really a struggle to have thoughtful exchanges and be given any modicum of respect especially if you have the misfortune of owning other brands and suggesting that you like them. That has become a huge no no over there and its a shame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I frequent three of the Stingray forums being new to Corvettes. Had no desire to get one till I saw the C7 and then I had to have it! All forums have a different feel and I tend to get a lot of information from all of them. But I must say that like Glen said, one of them has a lot of folks who get bent out of shape real quick. But then again, if you can cut through the negativity that one reads, it does provide comic relief and these days, we could all use a lot of comic relief!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I posted this in a similar thread, but it seems to fit here pretty well too: I would love to think we can be "that other C-7 forum" where people can share our ownership experience with civility and without getting into all the counterproductive jive that many car forums seem to degrade into. There is no reason for anyone to feel like their opinion is not worthwhile regardless to whether they have had prior Corvette ownership or not. I would hope that those of us with prior experience with corvettes would use it to offer it as a helping hand and not as a hammer to wail away with when basic "info. gathering" questions are asked. Sharing and exchanging information should be what we are all about here!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think some of us forget that even at 55-60k these are VERY expensive cars. They may be a bargain in comparison to other sports cars, but a 60K purchase is a pretty big deal to most of us. I remember at some point in time a marketing person telling me that the average Porsche buyer visits the showroom 7 times before making a purchase. There are LOTS of questions that need to be answered, sometimes more than twice!!!

I want to contribute in a positive way to my fellow owners and potential new buyers. Its a great "club" to be a part of. One of things I have learned about Porsche/Corvette, is that as a Corvette pilot, I was infinitely more approachable in a Corvette than even in my lowly base model Boxsters. I concur that I would like this theme to continue among Corvette owners. When I bought my first one, I had lots of support and REALLY enjoyed that camaraderie.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I totally agree with you Glen E. One thing I'd like to share regarding this Forum... the Admins and Moderators, along with its Members, do a great job at stopping the negativity before it starts. I go to the other boards to obtain info, but I don't like to post there. This Forum feels like a family full of encouraging and positive people who are excited about being C7 Owners. I do believe those on this Forum are actually purchasing the C7 and, therefore, are anxious to share and/or learn from one another. Glad you made this post, as I feel the Admins, Moderators and the Members deserve to hear your compliment... well said! :)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
thanks - I own a website for marine enthusiasts - 6000 members worldwide - take a look....I am the admin and I have one other mod. We just the stop bad stuff with the first off track bad comment. I get some people that get mad at me and leave because I screwed with their post, but I don't care in the least. The minute I get somebody doing passive aggressive stuff, getting off track, insulting others or getting political, it's deleted. I also don't allow 20 somethings to do a stream of consciousness question with no punctuation on a smartphone either. If it's hard to read for me,I return it and tell him to do it again..So selfish...

Too many sites do not actively Moderate - they let the fight rage and then lock the offending thread - what good does that do? Stop the fight when it starts, IMO...

My site is veradoclub.com if you care - for enthusiasts of the Mercury Verado supercharged outboard line...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts