Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader, first time poster, so I figure I'll introduce myself and ask my question.

My name is Erik and I currently live in the Portland, OR area, and this will be not only my first vette, but my first American car as well! I've owned 7 cars so far, mainly Japanese tuners, but also a couple European.

Anyway, I have quite a bit of trouble in the cereal aisle, sometimes spending as much as 30 mins trying to decide between lucky charms and honey comb. Well this is much worse as I have spent the last 3 months trying to decide between Laguna Blue and Arctic White. I have already put down a deposit on a 2LT Z51, but haven't specified a color, and I need to soon. I have seen both in person, and I just can't figure it out! Some days I want white for sure. And other days I want blue for sure.

Any advice as to how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to tell the dealer to choose for me! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388111278.301849.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388111316.452858.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Easy choice, take the white. I am ordering torch red because I have a white Porsche Carrera S cabriolet with red interior and red top- looks great, lots of people's choice trophies. I think the white will show the beautiful lines of your Vette better. Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tough decision. I went back and forth between Torch Red and Night Race Blue (and all of the other colors, for that matter). I wish you luck on your decision and sorry to say that I have no good advice for you. :( I'm sure you'll figure it out and whatever you choose, it will be great!

·
Registered
993 Posts
You'd best get the white one so when we are both in Seattle (or Portland) we won't look like twins.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I feel your pain as we went from grey to white and then ordered silver. After the order we then changed it to black. LOL Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
OMG, I felt like a kid in a candy store too! I changed my mind every time I went in. The salesman had to be laughing at me I'm sure.

I loved the white as well, it was one of the last ones I eliminated.

I landed on Cyber Grey Metallic.

The Laguna Blue is gorgeous but honestly I think it's a color you should not pick unless you have NO doubt you LOVE it. It would be very easy to grow tired of and regret.

Reactions: Jims-c7

·
Administrator
16,280 Posts
stanton, welcome to our forum! Tough choice but you are really the only one who can make you mind up so that you will be happy with your choice. Both are beautiful. Think about the color year round up there- which color would make you feel great?:cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
white--> compliments the black vents and the other black surface entertainment much better than the blue, add a carbon flash black stinger stripe - also the only color I would do black wheels on w/ red calipers...20% tint too if you can get away with it...

my opin, of course..

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
If I pick a certain color for you, will you be disappointed?

Okay, I just picked white for you. You are now locked into white. :)

How do you feel?

If you are disappointed I eliminated the blue for you, then go get the blue.

Otherwise, if you are happy with my pick for you, go get the white.

Are you getting black rims? I see both pictures have black rims. Personally, I agree with glen e about the white/black combo and stinger stripe. I personally would also suggest that you add the black carbon flash spoiler for just $100 more. But, hey, that is my taste. Do whatever you want!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys! I THINK I want white, but man is that blue gorgeous. I think my problem lies in that white is such a simple color, but looks so good on the car, whereas the blue is just such a gorgeous paint in general.

Rdslon01 - your method worked!...until I turned it around and discovered I wouldn't be disappointed if you chose blue for me haha. And the pics I posted would be the exact color combos I'd get, with the exception that I would definitely order the carbon flash Mirrors/spoiler on both colors.

MrG69 - Just curious, why do you think the blue is a color that one could get tired of?

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
What color interior have you chosen?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brownstone is by far my favorite, but I can't justify going 3LT just for that. So I'm sticking with jet black. I just can't get into the red, the kalahari is too bright for my taste, and the grey would be nice if I hadn't been poisoned so many times by poor gray interiors which cause me to naturally associate it with cheap-ness.

·
18,669 Posts
Stanton, at the cereal aisle, it is a simple answer, both both cereals -- but few of us can afford two Stingrays. DARN!

i have a friend who is on this forum who ordered his StingRay in white, and at his request, over time, I send him about 50 pictures of it in white. He was "crazy" about getting his white StingRay. During the time between his ordering it and delivery, all I heard from him was about his white StingRay. And since I LOVE the car in white, I was totally excited with him through every one of his emails and phone calls. As he ordered in June, and as deliveries didn't start until September 21st, we excitedly communicated a lot. However, things went south with his dealer, who lied to him several times, and in early October (after he already told his car was produced and coming to him the week before), his dealer then told him he would get it mid-November. He told his dealer off and got on the phone. As he wanted a Z-51 and much more, eighty calls to other dealerships and two crazy days later, he found the white car's replacement. It is gorgeous, and I am sure you already guessed it, it is Laguna Blue. He is the happiest StingRay owner I know -- and that is saying something, and he often tells me that he is SO happy that he didn't get his white one, that he LOVES his Laguna Blue one.

Here is a picture of his car, one he just send me earlier this week. Even though he got his car on October 13th, I still get weekly e mails with another picture or two, for he is addicted to his Laguna Blue StingRay!

Then again, if you win the lottery, you could get one gorgeous Arctic White one too!

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Yeah, they are both so beautiful. The good news, from what you wrote, is that you will be happy either way. So all you really need to do is flip a coin. :)

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Brownstone is by far my favorite, but I can't justify going 3LT just for that. So I'm sticking with jet black. I just can't get into the red, the kalahari is too bright for my taste, and the grey would be nice if I hadn't been poisoned so many times by poor gray interiors which cause me to naturally associate it with cheap-ness.
I have been thinking of maybe the gray interior, but my dealer does not have any to show. Have you seen it in person? I am a little wary of the light colored carpet for the reason you indicated (but I just didn't know how to put it in words). I want gray, but I wonder if it will be as luxurious looking as some of the other colors I have seen in person.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen maybe a dozen c7s and non of them have had the gray interior. I just know that leather can start looking very cheap very fast once it starts getting some wrinkles (which happens pretty soon - some c7s on the showroom floor I have noticed already have the little crinkles around the bolsters near the thigh area. My 350z had a black leather interior, and it looked great the entire time. It seems that the lighter colors show the crinkles sooner/aging. Brownstone has that nice "not black like everything else" look, while still retaining a quality look and feel. I'd rather have people not notice my interior because it doesn't particularly stand out, rather than notice my leather looks old/used/budget.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I have gray in my old 1999 (non Corvette) car now. It does not look horrible even though it is so old, but it is a very dark gray.

I wish I could get that dark gray color on a StingRay.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I have seen the Brownstone, and it is indeed beautiful. However, it apparently always comes with suede on the dash and center console, and I have concluded that trying to keep that clean would be undesirably difficult for me.

·
Registered
475 Posts
For me it had to be a color that was not similar to every other color in the parking lot or on the road. Have you ever considered how many variations of grey and white cars there are out there? I do like the white but the blue is the color I went with.

As far as the seats black is a great interior color and you could never go wrong with it. I saw the kalahari in the show room and liked it because it was 1 it was a great color combination and 2 it gave the car a European look. I did opt for the black dash because I thought that the kalahari was to over the top on the dash. So the final decision was a 2 LT with Nav.

It would be interesting to see what color combo you choose. They are both good colors!

·
Registered
489 Posts
It is ultimately up to you but I would go white for sure. I actually like the artic white with adrenaline red. Just like you this is also my first American car.

Reactions: Lipstic
1 - 20 of 42 Posts