1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Thanks for posting. I've been using the CTEK 3300 for years on all of my cars (I have multiple units) and have found that they both extend the longevity of the battery as well as ensure you will always have power to start right up. Nice to see the 'info plug' on Jay's Garage. :cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Also a fan of the Ctek 3300. Used it for years with my 2008 Corvette and now it's keeping my Stingray battery in tip-top shape.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Leno is great.
I agree completely. I ran into him at a small car museum in St Louis last month and he is just a regular guy. He asked me multiple questions about the C7 I had on order, said he had friends with C7's, and said he thought I would enjoy mine immensely. It was just a conversation between two guys who love cars, and not a conversation between a multimillionaire celebrity and a nobody. I am very impressed with Jay Leno.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Automotive Battery Chargers -

Here is some helpful info on the merits of the "Optional" battery protection package available with your new Corvette. There is a ton of discussion on the reasons you might need one of these as a Corvette owner, but I found this and though it would prove useful as a maintenance item. I would add that there are several other float chargers on the market would also give you the battery maintenance you need with this vehicle. Jay does "get it wrong" when he says the Corvette comes with the CTEK charger. He should have said that it is available as an extra cost option. Please make note that there is a big difference between a trickle charger and a float charger as noted in the piece.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm sure HIS 'came' with the charger!

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
I'm sure HIS 'came' with the charger!
Actually when I went through Jay's 'garages' aka hangers, which before he did this info-mercial, he was not using CTEKs but a cross section of industrial strength chargers. I'll bet that now most if not all are changed over to the CTEKs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts