Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The time has come folks, and the battle begins....NOW. The July 2014 Corvette Stingray of the Month contest is live! For the month of July we're doing the same thing we did last month, so take a pic of your ride during a nice sunny day out!

We welcome everyone including vendors to participate, however we will not pick the same winner within a 3 month period.

The contest will close in one week, July 23 (Wednesday) and finalists chosen. Rules for entry are below:

• The photo must be attached to a post in this thread
  • Only one picture will be allowed, so make it your best! (do not submit multiple photos or you'll be disqualified)
  • You must be the owner of the Stingray.
The winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card from StingrayForums.com and be featured on the front page!

Looking forward to seeing your entries! :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
A professional photographer was doing a photoshoot of a couple up at a park skyline and noticed my car. He liked it so much he took a "20 minute intermission" from them (they were fine with it) to photograph my car. My car was sitting still in this photo and this is what he did:

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1405556716.573271.jpg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hoboken at Night!

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1405565225.517579.jpg

2LT Manual with performance exhaust.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I wonder if there is a harbour some where, where they have a 2nd WW "CORVETTE" anchored as a museum piece. They should have, after all the value they were in the early stages of the 2nd WW. Any info out there? This would be a great photo op. if there is one. I like the WW2 bomber dual photo shot very much. Way to go Gary......

STUNG...:cool:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Enhanced photos in the Stingray of the month contest:

Without sounding like a jerk or a poor looser or biased etc etc., Correct me if I am wrong in this statement. I love the enhansed photo of the (STANTON) AW white Vette appearing to be in motion when it is not. A great look and lovely car for sure. But, I read previously in this thread that those kinds of photos would not be considered elegible in this contest. Right or Wrong? Do not take this wrongly, as I am only watching out for the small guy without connections to glorify the look of his or her photo so that we are all on an equal basis. Fare or not? Thanks guys. STUNG.....:confused::)

·
Registered
211 Posts
If that's a rule, I'll gladly submit another photo. Just figured I'd post my favorite one. Hard to tell if some are touched up or not, so the line between photoshopped and not can become pretty blurry I think. I didn't see that listed in the first post where the rules were stated

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sorry about that Stanton. I know it looks as if I was picking on you but I was trying to generalize and using your great photo as an example of what I was talking about. I love the look of it and your car looks great. Don't resubmit before you check with the persons responsible for the thread and then go from there.
I love the fact you can see the air rushing by the sides of the car, kinda like Dale Earnhardt could see the wind when he was drafting other cars. How did he get the wheels to look like they were turning as well. Great photography.

Regards:
STUNG..:cool:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.