Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to Mark and he said that they do not allow test drives for corvettes.
I was kind of surprised as they are suppose to be #2 dealer for corvettes.

How are folks expected to buy a car without driving it first?

I am wondering if everyone here bought theirs with out a test drive?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I traded in my C6 and ordered a new C7 sight unseen or test driven. Think about it you have read all the reviews you know the reputation of the Corvette. The vehicles are in high demand and will be sold they don't need people to test drive them. If you have been following the professional reviews and the forum you know you don't have to don't have to test drive one. It's like having sex you don't have to do a test drive! Has nothing to do with a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Many have, as the car cools off, more test drives will be avail. Many dealers just feel they don't have to, it's their decision.
And, since most of the "faithful" have quenched their thirst, dealers will need to actually compete for sales with other makes as people cross shop. Once they start losing sales and paying floor plan things will change.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
And, since most of the "faithful" have quenched their thirst, dealers will need to actually compete for sales with other makes as people cross shop. Once they start losing sales and paying floor plan things will change.

Yelp, but they are going to have to be convinced first that you are serious.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I traded in my C6 and ordered a new C7 sight unseen or test driven. Think about it you have read all the reviews you know the reputation of the Corvette. The vehicles are in high demand and will be sold they don't need people to test drive them. If you have been following the professional reviews and the forum you know you don't have to don't have to test drive one. It's like having sex you don't have to do a test drive! Has nothing to do with a test drive.

Always "test drive" before you marry......

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
117 Posts
I doubt very few C7 owners of ordered vehicles test driven a C7 put money on that.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Yelp, but they are going to have to be convinced first that you are serious.
I Have test driven every car I've ever considered buying which include Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Lotus, Maserati, Jaguar and Audi, all of them sticker well over $80,000. I also test drove a C7 thanks to a member here and wouldn't own one today if I hadn't.

Perhaps I'm an anomaly.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Traded my C5 in on my C7. In and out of the Dealer in 2 hours. No test drive. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. No regrets here.

·
18,670 Posts
Bought my C5 without a test drive. Bought my C6 Z06 without a test drive. And next is our 2015 Z06, also without a test drive. After that will be a C8 without a test drive.

The StingRay is the most awarded car, truck and SUV in history, and every magazine and media outlet, including the European ones, have raved about the car.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I personally think it's sad if a large Corvette dealer won't allow test drives for a serious buyer. My small, hometown dealership let someone test drive the only C7 the have in stock yesterday. To each his own.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Most dealerships won't even let their salespeople drive them, at least on the left coast

Reactions: thedemoman

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I bought mine before I ever seen one in person.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
The shoe was on the other foot at my local dealership. When I bought my C7 in October last year, I stopped by my local dealership to show it off. It was the first one any of them had seen in person. So I asked the general sales manager if he wanted to test drive it. When he realized I was serious, he accepted my offer and off we went. LOL

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I Have test driven every car I've ever considered buying which include Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Lotus, Maserati, Jaguar and Audi, all of them sticker well over $80,000. I also test drove a C7 thanks to a member here and wouldn't own one today if I hadn't.

Perhaps I'm an anomaly.

Yes true you had a test drive, but not from the dealership which I believe was the intent of the OP.

I saw an AW C7 this past January outside a restaurant while on a business trip in Palm Beach, FL. The couple was just leaving and let me have a look inside after the valet brought it back to the front door. It was parked across the street so I had already looked around the outside.

That was as close as I got to a test drive. I loved it a first sight.

Read about it, researched it built it online about a thousand times to make sure I got what I wanted and then ordered.

No regrets it's a great car!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ioch check your PM, if you are interested. Joe

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I sat in one at a dealership about two hours from my house, just to see how I fit in it. They offered for me to take a test drive if I wanted to, but it was in the low thirties that day and I did not want to take any chances. Plus I knew I was ordering one from another dealer and did not feel right doing it, since I had no intent of buying from them. I probably would have ordered it sight unseen too and taken my chances, because I really wanted it after seeing all the pics and reading all about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
When I first started looking for Corvettes (about a month ago) I stopped of at Hendricks here in Atlanta. No problem getting a test drive in a Corvette.
They did not have what I wanted.
A couple of weeks later I found a used one at a Hyudai dealer, again no problem with a test drive. Purchased that car on the spot. They had only had it for a few days.

Would not buy a car unless I could take a test drive.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Spoke to Mark and he said that they do not allow test drives for corvettes.
I was kind of surprised as they are suppose to be #2 dealer for corvettes.

How are folks expected to buy a car without driving it first?

I am wondering if everyone here bought theirs with out a test drive?
Everyone (and there were a lot us) who ordered before first deliveries last Sept/Oct bought without test drive or even an up close peek. In addition, since the vast majority of deliveries were "sold" cars for many months, there wasn't a possibility of test drive...unless a lucky dealer received one for inventory. This time last year, there was so much anticipation, so many analyses and detailed rave reviews, I guess we thought there was little risk. Glad I leaped (or leapt) before I looked.

Reactions: Dennis

·
Registered
53 Posts
I test drove the first C7 my dealer got, it was the dealership owners car. Unfortunately it was an auto non-Z51. Mine came in about a month later and was very pleased.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.