Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As mentioned in other threads, this package is available for the final allocation week (this week) for the 2014 Corvette Coupe or Convertible.

The cost of the package is $1,995 if you want the base (silver) Z51 wheel and body colored spoiler. You can upgrade to the TTV Option (Carbon Flash Painted Exterior Mirrors and Spoiler) for $100 and/or the Q7T Option (Black Z51 Wheels) for $495.

We still have available allocation for this week. Coupes are at MSRP, Convertibles are $3,000 off MSRP. If you qualify for GM Employee Pricing or GM Supplier Pricing we will accept that on Convertible orders only.

For those of you who MUST have the Z51 option, we should have some of those available as well but won't be sure of the total number till 8:00 tomorrow morning (06/12/14).

Please email me for more ordering information.

Dave

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can this appearance package be ordered on a car that is not yet built yet but already ordered. I have a TPW of Aug 4th and would like to change wheels by eliminating the chrome wheels and add this package to replace them.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The standard is that once your car hits Event Code 3000 then changes can not be made. During the year you can usually call and beg a change to a car at 3000 which would probably push the TPW back. However, at the end of the year (because of build out) they will not make a change once it hits 3000.

Having said that, you say you have a TPW of 8/4. Do you know your event code? I haven't seen any TPWs for that far out yet but I just may not have any on those dates. If your dealer is "guessing" your TPW and your order is not past 3000 then there is still time. You can ask your dealer for your event code or you can email your order number and I'll check on it for you.

Dave

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Dave , I am at 3000, TPW Aug 4th, got the information from GM customer care myself. I was questioning my TPW being out that far as well but it is what it is. Given the build date is out that far I may be demanding to know why I can't make a change with the dealer regarding this option.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey Wyatt: You have had so much messing around with your orders I find it hard to believe that someone would have that much bad luck. I sure hope you finally get what you want and all turns out well for you. Your dealers seem to screw you around alot. I am however glad to see that you stuck with it and kept your mind in place and made another attempt at an order. But, the TPW certainly does seem a little too far ahead expecially since they put you at "3000". That is only a week away from being 3400 and 3800. But you are 6 weeks from your TPW. hmmmm? Good luck old boy..

STUNG:confused:;)

Mine is finally on a railcar and heading to Vancouver via Norfolk Southern RR. Should be here in a week or two at the most.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dave
I called your dealership today after reading your post and spoke with a Joe. He didn't seem to want to help and told me to call back later in the day Wed. Anyways, thought I would post my questions here.
If I order this week from you, what would be the delivery date roughly?
I'm in Los Angeles, is there an extra charge if you have the "ordered from the factory" car delivered to a dealership in Los Angeles instead of your dealership?
If I wanted to lease, around what residual percentage on a 3 year/10K a year lease could I expect? 59%?
How about the interest rate or money factor on excellent credit?

This would be a big help, I would be very interesting in moving forward with you on the ZF1 package this week.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Wyatt: You have had so much messing around with your orders I find it hard to believe that someone would have that much bad luck. I sure hope you finally get what you want and all turns out well for you. Your dealers seem to screw you around alot. I am however glad to see that you stuck with it and kept your mind in place and made another attempt at an order. But, the TPW certainly does seem a little too far ahead expecially since they put you at "3000". That is only a week away from being 3400 and 3800. But you are 6 weeks from your TPW. hmmmm? Good luck old boy..

STUNG:confused:;)

Mine is finally on a railcar and heading to Vancouver via Norfolk Southern RR. Should be here in a week or two at the most.

Hi Stung, it really isn't the dealer it's GM Canada that is the problem. He is stuck in the middle. When I ordered the Cyber Grey , GM Canada said it was fine, good to go, when the plant got the order they stopped it and said your too late. So move back one step. That delayed the move from 2000 to 3000. Then I changed the color three weeks ago and the order moved to 3000 but the TPW comes back Aug 4th. I hit the roof on that. Now we have this appearance package that is not in the Canadian order guide that the dealers use and so he has gone to GM Canada for information on it. GM Canada is like a back woods organization, I know more about the status of these cars from this forum then they do.

This appearance package is the same price I am currently paying for chrome wheels, this throws in the spoiler and larger tires. Since you couldn't order a z51 if you wanted one because there are no Cdn allocations then this is next best. So we will see what happens, I expect once again to be disappointed by GM Canada so no lofty expectations here.

Because of the TPW ( originally I was told to expect delivery of this car in July) the dealer has agreed to allow me to make my mind up when the car comes in , I can take it or wait for a 2015 next spring. No cost to me outside of the frustration. They have buyers likely in the wait so they can move it.

Worst car buying experience I have ever had and it isn't done yet. That says nothing about the fact I own two GM products currently , three recalls between the two of them, one of which is the ignition recall on a Solstice. GM Canada will not offer any of the discount programs offered in the U.S. to individuals that own these cars. GM Canada, so glad we bailed them out to the tune of $11 bill. in 2008, thank you Canada.

On a more positive note glad to hear your car is finally on it's way Stung !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Stung, it really isn't the dealer it's GM Canada that is the problem. He is stuck in the middle. When I ordered the Cyber Grey , GM Canada said it was fine, good to go, when the plant got the order they stopped it and said your too late. So move back one step. That delayed the move from 2000 to 3000. Then I changed the color three weeks ago and the order moved to 3000 but the TPW comes back Aug 4th. I hit the roof on that. Now we have this appearance package that is not in the Canadian order guide that the dealers use and so he has gone to GM Canada for information on it. GM Canada is like a back woods organization, I know more about the status of these cars from this forum then they do.

This appearance package is the same price I am currently paying for chrome wheels, this throws in the spoiler and larger tires. Since you couldn't order a z51 if you wanted one because there are no Cdn allocations then this is next best. So we will see what happens, I expect once again to be disappointed by GM Canada so no lofty expectations here.

Because of the TPW ( originally I was told to expect delivery of this car in July) the dealer has agreed to allow me to make my mind up when the car comes in , I can take it or wait for a 2015 next spring. No cost to me outside of the frustration. They have buyers likely in the wait so they can move it.

Worst car buying experience I have ever had and it isn't done yet. That says nothing about the fact I own two GM products currently , three recalls between the two of them, one of which is the ignition recall on a Solstice. GM Canada will not offer any of the discount programs offered in the U.S. to individuals that own these cars. GM Canada, so glad we bailed them out to the tune of $11 bill. in 2008, thank you Canada.

On a more positive note glad to hear your car is finally on it's way Stung !!

By the way if anyone has an email of some of the execs at GM who might like to hear how GM Canada serves it's clients I would love to have them, send me a PM.
Good luck with that. GM Canada gets 3% of Corvette production and everything is sold out before it arrives in Canada. Trying to get information out of GM. Canada is like trying to get blood out of a stone. They just don't care because they well out each year.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good luck with that. GM Canada gets 3% of Corvette production and everything is sold out before it arrives in Canada. Trying to get information out of GM. Canada is like trying to get blood out of a stone. They just don't care because they well out each year.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

GM Canada hasn't gotten around to pricing or adding this option to the order guide for Cdn dealers yet so it isn't available. My dealer contacted them today and basically they will get around to it when they want, screw the customer. I am going to start escalating with GM Canada on this option issue and my Aug 4th TPW, friggin customer service, disgusting. I have the presidents email address now and looking to get the VP of sales and marketing involved tomorrow. Fed up with these guys.. and here I quote the Pres of GM Canada...

We have a razor-sharp focus on our customers. We are going to market with the world's best vehicles, the world's most advanced technologies and the world's most talented work force. We take great pride in our work and take great care to deliver exceptional cars and a positive ownership experience to our customers across Canada.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My guess is that it would have a TPW of late July or early August. At this point there's no way to know what the residuals or rates for August would be. However, if you were going to lease, a 2015 might make more sense. They will hit the dealers in late August or early September and should have a much better residual than the 2014s built a week or two before.

Dave

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am a GM man all the way and have been since I was a preteen. Many decades ago. I am so disappointed in this ordering process for the new Vettes that I get angry with myself for trying defend GM on the issue. I know introducing a whole new design and build of a great Iconic car is not easy but you would think that all the bases would have been covered better than they were by both GM USA and GM Cda. Hell, the Euro zone probably had better service with the ordering process than most Canadians. Because of my age, I will probably be accepting my last Corvette in a few days and I am really happy that that day is close. I am not sure my ticker can take much more of the nonsense that has gone on. There are many Americans just as disappointed as there are Canadians. You know what really hurts is when you see Europeans driving around Europe in their C7s while I am still only at 1100 in the order process after 8 months of being there. Then, seeing how much time it takes to deliver one within our own continent as compared to half a world away. Take care of the home guard first then let the rest get the residules if there are any. I bet most of the European Corvettes were built without constraints as well. I am one of the lucky ones that did not have to worry about the constraint issues as mine was built to order but I feel for the poor soles who have been worrying and wondering what if any constraints are going to apply to their cars. It is almost as though GM planned the constraint issues and wanted to control the number of units built with certain options etc etc.

Do Ford and Chrysler customer orders have as much of a problem as we seem to have? GM, do what you claim to do best and build cars for customers and show that you really care and get off your high horses bragging about your builds and deliver... OK?

I know that when my car finally arrives I will probably feel a whole lot different but I can not envision this feeling at this time. I feel for all and every customer who has gone through what I have gone through and some have had it a lot worse than me.

Good luck to all and please enjoy your vehicles to the utmost.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hear you Stung, Canadians are made to feel like 2nd class citizens by GM with this process. One dealer in the U.S gets multiples of the vehicles sent to Canada in the year. The communication between GM U.S and GM Canada, the outdated buying guides, the inability to forecast production dates with any certainty, just a mess.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday. He said he had talked to GM Canada and the ZF1 package will not be offered in Canada for the 2014's that is why the buying guide has not been updated.

My guess is that GM Canada are busy enough just trying to figure out the pricing for the 2015's, and for the few orders and small window it wasn't worth the effort. The order book for 2015's is now open, but no pricing comes up on the order sheet yet, so they are under pressure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I completely agree with C7DriverOnt. I'm in the same boat with respect to the ordering process in Canada and all I can say is it is completely frustrating. I kind of wanted a Z51 but with the way things have been with them I thought best to stick with a base. Been waiting many months now and supposed to have it by early August. If this car wasn't nearly as good as they say I would have told GM to go **** themselves a long time ago and moved on. Sad when it comes to this, I'd too like to add the ZF1 package but I'm scared to rock the boat if you will and potentially upset the process. Just shocking that they can even advertise the car when it seems so stratospherically difficult to get one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts