Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
33963193_1657078141007196_8794644415638405120_n.jpg 34117937_1657078087673868_8408724329734340608_n.jpg 34160913_1657078174340526_6014235682317271040_n.jpg So after promising myself I wouldn't mod my C7, "because it didn't need it", I am! Fact is I can't help myself, I'm surprised I lasted this long. Did a bunch of research and finally decided to make a move to a procharger. After hours of research as well as a ton of input from my local enthusiasts, I decided to go with Big Power Racing in Bayshore, NY . Met with the owner Chris Crave, spoke with me for about three hours and this is what's coming. Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8lbs, American Racing Long Headers, ATI super damper, Z06 front grill and Chris's tune. Just waiting for everything to come in, once done I'll post the results.

Tried posting some shots, have no idea what I'm doing SMH. But it's coming along nicely, hoping to get it back either tomorrow or Monday.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Can't wait to see it and hear it. If you need a test driver, I am available.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Tommy, looking forward to seeing the results. I kept telling myself all the logical reasons for not adding a supercharger but I did it anyway. When you hit the gas and your Corvette pulls like a freight train, all that logic goes out the window. :eek:nthego:

·
18,663 Posts
TommyP, after it is finished, it is going to be amazingly powerful. As others above have asked, please keep us posted as your build progresses.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tommy, looking forward to seeing the results. I kept telling myself all the logical reasons for not adding a supercharger but I did it anyway. When you hit the gas and your Corvette pulls like a freight train, all that logic goes out the window. :eek:nthego:
Now that's funny, but just what I wanted to hear!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Congrats TommyP. There are other members that have gone the pro-charger route and seem very satisfied.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If I may make one suggestion.......go with the D1, rather than the P1. More upgradable HP, if later u decided to go with more!

·
Registered
633 Posts
CONGRATS on the mods!

Every Vette I get I seem to mod less & less. Only have done Forgelines/PS4s/lowered on my latest car. Luckily, their getting better & better performance-wise from the factory. Or... I must be getting old... lol

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions but after doing a fair amount of research I went with A&A. They were the first company to develop a centrifugal supercharger for the C7. Their only business is producing superchargers for C5, C6 and C7 Corvettes. Their website explains in more detail why they feel they make a superior product.

My installer, Ty Mason has been modifying engines and building race cars for 30+ years and it's his opinion that the A&A unit is the best centrifugal supercharger on the market. He also feels all the claims made by A&A on their website are true.

Excessive heat can be a problem with superchargers but with A&A's "Ram Air" intercooler, my Stingray actually runs a few degrees cooler than stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Happy to report, I received the call this morning. Everything has been delivered and there ready to transform my beauty into a beast. Dropped it off this afternoon. The bad part is(only kidding, I'm truly blessed), I haven't been on vacation in 5 years and my only thoughts will be, I can't wait to get home! So, hopefully I'll have it back next Tuesday after the holiday with some great news.

·
18,663 Posts
Yes; Admin was much earlier notified and they are working on it. However, we all need to remember that like every forum, that SRF does not have it own unique software (instead purchased from a major third party vendor), and so the issue could and often lies with that company, vBulletin’s computer programs, not with Vertical Scope.

Nevertheless, major motivation and effort right now is being undertaken to get it fixed asap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts