Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Just last night, I picked up the Stingray I ordered way back in the beginning of Oct '13 (over 6 months ago). Was fortunately price protected, so I got the car for $3200 below what the window sticker's MSRP shows.

2014 2LT Z51 Corvette Stingray
Torch Red exterior / Adrenaline Red interior
Black wheels / black calipers
Carbon flash mirrors + spoiler
Magnetic ride control
Performance exhaust

I've only had it for less than 24 hours, but this car was definitely worth the wait!

I was referred to the forums by another member, speedracer1, who I met yesterday at the track right before I picked my car up. Was able to get a ride with him in his Z51 and experience how incredible this car really is. Looking forward to a track day with this amazing machine down the road =)

IMG_6291.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome to the board and to our active SF Bay Area members Group!

I'm sure we'll meet soon!

And you can see in our group that some of us with cars still on order and who can't do drives with you all yet are going to attend the 4/27 car show in Blackhawk, so hope you can fit that in also!

Cheers,

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
smileyborg, welcome aboard and congrats on your C7. Our "Torch Red" family grows larger everyday on the forum!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
And smiley.. what dealer did you buy from? Sounds like it was local?

Reactions: Roadrat3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And smiley.. what dealer did you buy from? Sounds like it was local?
Yeah, I had just gone to the closest dealer to me back in October when I was interested in the car, which was Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose. I have to say that it was a bit of a rough experience, they weren't completely transparent with me about how many allocations they actually were getting (which is why it took 6 months), and then they tried to screw me over right before the car came in by claiming that I wasn't eligible for the price protection. Fortunately everything worked out in the end, but I will not be sending them (or my sales guy) any future business.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice! Heard that was a good beginners track. Is that right? Never been to the track before.

We both happened to be at Buttonwillow Raceway this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! Heard that was a good beginners track. Is that right? Never been to the track before.
Yeah, it is a great track and it's nice because there are no walls in case you lose it :p I've only done 2 track days, both have been there. It's a lot of fun and very useful to really understand how cars handle at the limit.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah, it is a great track and it's nice because there are no walls in case you lose it :p I've only done 2 track days, both have been there. It's a lot of fun and very useful to really understand how cars handle at the limit.
Maybe you NorCal Group guys with cars already should actually make an 'outing' there to the track someday so you can meet up? That sounds fun. .... The wait for November for us seems like forever. LOL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe you NorCal Group guys with cars already should actually make an 'outing' there to the track someday so you can meet up? That sounds fun. .... The wait for November for us seems like forever. LOL!
I'm not nearly ready to take my new baby to the track...yet :) (Seriously, Chevy recommends a 2500mi break in period. I'm barely over 100mi.) But I'm happy to meet up & ride along!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts