Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

First post here, what a great site! Loads and loads of info!

Here is a summary of what I ordered on 23 May:

----------

2014 Corvette Stingray 1LT Coupe with the Z51 package

Black aluminum wheels

Grey interior

7 speed manual

Hood stinger stripe Carbon Flash

Carbon flash painted rear spoiler and outside mirrors

Navigation system

----------

Are any of these parts on back order?

Before I placed the order, the dealership told me they had an allocation for 1. From what I read on this forum, that's a good thing, right? From what I understood, this means that they have one ready to be built, it's just a matter of submitting the order. Am I missing something?

A few questions. I'm in NJ and I need front license plates. I see there is an option (that I wasn't aware of) for a special mounting spoiler for the front. I don't want to change my order. Is there still a way to mount front and rear tags?

Does anyone have a general idea of how long it takes from the time an order is placed (23 May) to get delivered to New Jersey?

Thanks again for any feedback you guys can give! :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Who your dealer is will determine what your chances are of getting a Z51. Being in NJ, if your dealer is Kerbeck your odds are the best. When you say your dealer has allocation for "1"..only one total? If you have not read the stickys on the top of the forum, there are many what will educate you. Many orders have been sitting with smaller dealers for months and months with "allocation" who will not get them.
I placed an order with Kerbeck on 5-14, it was at 3000 on 5-21 and now has a TPW of 6-23. I'm hoping for museum pickup the week of 7-14

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John, thanks for the reply

I'm looking at the printout I got from the dealership (Lucas Chevrolet). It says "The configuration below was created as a Preliminary Order with the following Order Number"... and it gives me a 6 digit code beginning with an 'R'. When I track it on the Chevy website, it's at stage 1, "Order Placed".

As far as all the codes go, (1000, 3000, etc). I'm still trying to get myself smart on those and I don't see anything like that on the Order WorkBench worksheet. It does say something like, "Configure a new vehicle: 1YX07 - Corvette Stingray Coupe with Z51".

It also says 'Allocation Group: VETCPE". Not sure if that means anything or not.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Hi usafjay1976,

The codes update as an order progresses through the system. To see the movement, your dealer will need to log back into his GM Workbench after a code has changed, print a new copy, and email that new copy to you.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Oh, by the way, "VETCPE" is "VETTE COUPE" that is, it is the Corvette Coupe allocation group.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi rdslon01, thanks for the info! I found the codes. I know I just ordered it Friday but man, I wish it would hurry up!

Based on my OP, any constraints on any of my options? I can't figure out how to read the constraint reports.

Thanks again for your help man.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks John. I plan on checking back with the dealer on Thursday for any updates. I'll be doing this weekly I'm sure.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Hi rdslon01, thanks for the info! I found the codes. I know I just ordered it Friday but man, I wish it would hurry up!

Based on my OP, any constraints on any of my options? I can't figure out how to read the constraint reports.

Thanks again for your help man.
The Z51 model is constrained at 50%. If your dealer said they have an allocation of 1, did they mean 1 total, or 1 Z51? To get 1 Z51 allocation, on average, they would need two total allocations. But, there is a chance that they got one total allocation, and it was a Z51. That just means some other dealership somewhere else got one allocation, and his was NOT a Z51, and these two dealerships, together, average out to 50% Z51.

Are you sure your dealer's one allocation was for a Z51 (50% chance). If so, congratulations on getting a little lucky! :)

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Welcome to our forum usafjay1976 and congrats on your order. Have you driven the Z51 without mag suspension as compared to one with mag suspension? I would recommend you do this before your order is finalized/non-changeable.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Welcome to our forum usafjay1976 and congrats on your order. Have you driven the Z51 without mag suspension as compared to one with mag suspension? I would recommend you do this before your order is finalized/non-changeable.
I would get the duel mode muffler also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts