Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the call from my dealership that my car was waiting on them when they showed up this morning. I have waited for this day since January. I can hardly stand having to work and not go straight over there. Hopefully i will be driving her by dark. Also, I would like to give a HUGE shout out to everyone on this forum. It has been a daily (maybe hourly) routine to peruse the forum for any new and/or useful information and ideas. I can't wait to start giving her the "Glen E" treatment and maybe a few others.

I would also like to give a big thank you to CCC for professionally and cordially responding to tracking requests.

Thanks everyone,

Kirk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, want to see pictures of the car at the dealership, then top off at night time with sunset in the background. Im serious about the first...and maybe also the 2nd ; )

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I just received the call from my dealership that my car was waiting on them when they showed up this morning. I have waited for this day since January. I can hardly stand having to work and not go straight over there. Hopefully i will be driving her by dark.
Given that you've got perfect weather in Amarillo today, and that it will take the dealership a few hours to prep the car, you might consider trying to take a half-day and picking it up in the afternoon.

In any case, you'll be having a terrific weekend.:)

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Oh boy!!! You wouldn't believe how gentle I drove from the dealer to my house when I picked mine up (about 35 miles). Just needed to make sure it got safe and sound into my driveway. Have fun and be safe!

I guess it was dealer folks the took the shots? Nice service.

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
How exciting Kirk! PDI pictures look great. Enjoy!!!:cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Congrats Kirk. Call Starship Control and let them know your prepared to go wherever you are needed, and Scotty is ready to respond to your requests for more power! ;) Your first mission is to enjoy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Even after all I read, i was still not expecting the car to be a great as it really is.

Batman,

1-1.5 more hours until next pics.

Mobius,

Very nice day in Amarillo indeed. I took the top off at the dealership and about burned the top of my head off before i got home. I was not so gentle on the drive home. Cant help my self.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
"Very nice day in Amarillo indeed. I took the top off at the dealership and about burned the top of my head off before i got home. I was not so gentle on the drive home. Cant help my self."

That's great! A little sunburn never hurt anyone, I say.

I've always been a fan of stripes, and I really like your color combo. I was also pleased you got the red calipers - good choice.

When I was breaking in my car, I took the time to get to know her - to explore and appreciate her capabilities. After all, there will always be plenty of time to tear-up the streets later. :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I gotta tell you...after five months...it never gets old...ever. Enjoy your new car!

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Thanks everyone. Even after all I read, i was still not expecting the car to be a great as it really is.

Batman,

1-1.5 more hours until next pics.

Mobius,

Very nice day in Amarillo indeed. I took the top off at the dealership and about burned the top of my head off before i got home. I was not so gentle on the drive home. Cant help my self.
AND it only gets better!!! Now need to get yourself a C7 baseball cap for top off driving :cool:

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful car, and I LOVE the stripes!

·
Registered
149 Posts
How awesome. Funny the car was just dropped off at your dealer like a FedEx box. I'm close to living the dream as my TWP is 7/14 for my LRG ZF1 coupe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts