Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks asked if we could produce our C7 Aero Package in Carbon Flash Metallic (and other body colors) as an option available along with Carbon Fiber. So, we did!

Parts are identical in fit and finish to those which are made of Carbon Fiber. Difference is the material. They are made of a high quality fiberglass, gelcoated for a durable smooth finish, and then painted with high quality Carbon Flash Metallic, and then clear. They are an identical match to the trim that comes standard on all C7 models. We can also paint parts to match body color, or leave them bare if you wish to paint them yourself.

Pricing:

CFM Splitter, painted : $799.99
CFM Skirts (Street and Race), painted: $699.99

Prices do not include S&H.

Typical lead time is 1-2 weeks, but that should decrease as we stock more and more of these items!

Here is a short HOW TO video showing these CFM parts being installed on a Red Z51 last week. SO EASY!
Check out our short HOW TO/PROMOTIONAL video we put together last week. This shows how easy it is to install these parts. Parts featured in video are the CARBON FLASH METALLIC pieces...

Here is a shot of a part after it got its first coat of CFM.

[email protected]

·
Registered
502 Posts
Went to "revisit" this, video now not available due to alleged copyright block by "SME"? Same for your website?

Any way to send to me?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yeah, page is there, but no video. :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is your guys opinion on which finish would look best on a Black Stingray? I go back and forth between the flash and the C Fiber. With all other colors the CFlash acts as an accent but not so on the black, it just blends in. I'm wondering if the splitter and rockers in the CFiber would give some nice looking contrast?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Here's the problem with carbon fiber for a splitter. I've written this before ,but eventually you are going to hit something on the splitter. And carbon fiber cannot be completely brought back to 100% , because it's a resin weave , it's not a paint. So how do they fix it? They usually just Use fiberglas and repaint it with carbon flash paint, and cover the carbon fiber that you paid hundreds of dollars for. The skirts can be cf as thy dont get smashed, just nicked a bit.

I own the lashway areo kit above in flash, it's outstanding.its a conservative flat design i really like.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What is your guys opinion on which finish would look best on a Black Stingray? I go back and forth between the flash and the C Fiber. With all other colors the CFlash acts as an accent but not so on the black, it just blends in. I'm wondering if the splitter and rockers in the CFiber would give some nice looking contrast?
I too have the Lashway CFM splitter. I chose this combination because of the ground clearance and ability to touch it up myself. I plan on repairing a small rock chip when the weather gets warm enough. I have NRB while Glen has CGM, so we don't have much contrast either but I think they look really good on both as well as black. The Cfiber is pretty dark too, so the pattern may give you a little contrast.

20141001_175043_resized.jpg 10653385_949758158385401_7160811571510197024_n.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too have the Lashway CFM splitter. I chose this combination because of the ground clearance and ability to touch it up myself. I plan on repairing a small rock chip when the weather gets warm enough. I have NRB while Glen has CGM, so we don't have much contrast either but I think they look really good on both as well as black. The Cfiber is pretty dark too, so the pattern may give you a little contrast.

View attachment 19785 View attachment 19786
I'd recall seeing in some previous posts that one of you might've said, "Only Lashway for me." I viewed their website last night and it does in all appearances look like it is very well made and quality, like in my business, is there MO. Are there some manufacturers you suggest staying away from, obviously in your own opinion ;). Not trying to start anything. Just my first Corvette and its became my 4th kid.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'd recall seeing in some previous posts that one of you might've said, "Only Lashway for me." I viewed their website last night and it does in all appearances look like it is very well made and quality, like in my business, is there MO. Are there some manufacturers you suggest staying away from, obviously in your own opinion ;). Not trying to start anything. Just my first Corvette and its became my 4th kid.
I recall that quote too, but not sure who made it. I think all of our aftermarket Forum vendors make great products, it just comes down to personal preference. I was looking for clearance and something that looked integrated into the car, rather than something more bulkier that looked like an add-on. The Lashway was also an easy install using the 10 existing factory screws that already attach the lower valence. I also took off the factory plastic corner air deflectors to give the splitter a more streamlined, uncluttered look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recall that quote too, but not sure who made it. I think all of our aftermarket Forum vendors make great products, it just comes down to personal preference. I was looking for clearance and something that looked integrated into the car, rather than something more bulkier that looked like an add-on. The Lashway was also an easy install using the 10 existing factory screws that already attach the lower valence. I also took off the factory plastic corner air deflectors to give the splitter a more streamlined, uncluttered look.
Glen E and NRRick, thanks for your input. I didn't consider the touch up aspect with carbon fiber for the front splitter, so Carbon Fiber it will be. You guys do so much for this forum, as you've been told countless times. Just add my name to the list. Currently, I have my entire dash, center console, etc. out to do some interior mods. As well as my front bumper off to do the Z06 grille replacement. I will update when I complete them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts